Quote.
Is this an assumption or have you done a side by side comparison? With the modification that I perform on the Layla the output is fantastic. When compared, side by side at SELEM, with a sound card DAC the difference between the two was substantial.
END QUOTE.
The difference between the sound card DAC and the MOTU is also amazing, and we had those where we could flip between them. The MOTU is smoking. I don't need to see the Layla side by side, I spent two weeks working with one and am familiar with some tiny artifacts that occur. Perhaps not with your mod, but the converted Layla I worked with had some minor issues. I didn't do the conversion, I just used it.
MOTU 828 + Adat offers clear advantages, including reconstruction interpolation and pop filtering. Plus the ability to scroll through the show (at variable speed) with the handwheel icon if you have the right software, which makes editing abstracts and recording tapes a breeze.
Steve
Last edited by mixedgas; 03-22-2014 at 11:46.
Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
When I still could have...