Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th annual South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting, Aug 14-17 2014. Sign up now!

Looking forward to another GREAT SELEM. Funds have been sent.
    bill
    Pangolin FB3
    DT40 PRO
    200mw 635nm LASERWAVE
    200mw 532nm CNI
    100mw 473nm CNI
    POLY 20 / GAS ARGON (SELEM BLUE)

LASERS MAKE ME GRIN

Quote Originally Posted by icecruncher View Post
    I wondered when you would pop in on this.

Are you bringing the Ions to show, repair or sell?
    Some of all three If anyone is interested in buying some little JDSU / Uniphase 2201 box style multiline or single line 488 systems let me know! I have a bunch I need to unload for funding new gassy ventures.

I also have a Lexel 95 PSU available - cheap! - Trades are also welcome

5 weeks and 6 days until load in. Didn't someone post a link last year with a countdown timer?!

So just out of curiosity, where will everyone be sitting when these shows are coming on? I'm assuming at least a few of these rooms have built in seats, but those rooms that dont, will people be sitting on the floor? What would really be cool is in an empty, open room, if there were beanbag chairs or some sort of reclining chairs people could lean back in... Maybe I'm just used to too many nights making laser shows and laying on the bed staring at the huge, blank white wall... (lol)...

It'll be my first time to one of these, and I personally have NO idea what to watch, so I'll probably bounce around for a few...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    5 weeks and 6 days until load in. Didn't someone post a link last year with a countdown timer?!

That was polishedball.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by VibrationsOfDoom View Post
    So just out of curiosity, where will everyone be sitting when these shows are coming on? I'm assuming at least a few of these rooms have built in seats, but those rooms that dont, will people be sitting on the floor? What would really be cool is in an empty, open room, if there were beanbag chairs or some sort of reclining chairs people could lean back in... Maybe I'm just used to too many nights making laser shows and laying on the bed staring at the huge, blank white wall... (lol)...

It'll be my first time to one of these, and I personally have NO idea what to watch, so I'll probably bounce around for a few...
    First time.... prepare for sensory overload. The shows themselves are run in a 500 seat theater so yes, seats are built in of course. The classrooms upstairs we usually set the chairs up for seminars. ClubSELEM takes place in a cafeteria where we move all the existing cafeteria style tables/benches out but have some stacking chairs available. We don't run shows per se in there; it's more live playing. I suppose you could lay down on the floor if you wish but, you stand a good chance of being tripped over. Back stage is more of a work area and you usually can find a chair somewhere but on the whole, plan to spend a lot of time on your feet. It just happens.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    You've somehow managed to stop time.

Here is a perhaps odd question from a SELEM virgin... Is there much cigarette smoke present? I ask only because my respiratory system just does not get along with smoke at all, and it would suck to show up and not be able to stay. I'm not judging anyone or making any sort of 'statement' beyond my own physical limitations, but it would be helpful to know what the air is like inside. For me it goes beyond 'preference' to 'ailment' if I get much exposure; I'm more sensitive to it than anyone I've met... I miss out on some things as a result, but it's better to know beforehand. Thanks and peace...

Thumbs up No worries!

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    Here is a perhaps odd question from a SELEM virgin... Is there much cigarette smoke present?
    Only outside on the loading dock!

Smoking (both cigarettes and cigars) is strictly prohibited throughout the entire facility. (State Law) So you needn't worry! All the smokers have to go outside to smoke. They usually gather around the loading dock late at night.

One question, however: does the fog from a fog machine bother you? This is more of an issue in "Club-SELEM" (in the cafeteria building) where we tend to use more fog and less haze. In the auditorium, we normally run a DF-50 hazer, and even then it's only on for short periods of time. I've never known anyone to be sensitive to haze, but I have met a few people who have asthma that are sometimes bothered by thick fog. If this applies to you, then you may want to limit your time in "club-SELEM". (Or, alternately, ask one of the operators if they can switch off the fog machines and turn on the hazer while you are in there.)

Adam