Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th annual South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting, Aug 14-17 2014. Sign up now!

You know I'm in, as well as at least 2 more from X-Laser.

Hello,

Count me in! PayPal sent.

ED

List updated! Glad to see a good response right out of the gate. This year is really going to be awesome...

Adam

Anyone from the west coast ever make the drive before? I want to go this year but 2400+ miles. Anyone else do the drive? If I don't drive, how have people done gear in the past when it comes to flying?
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I don't know about drivers from the west coast. Most have always flown (platinum, etc.) and bring their gear on the plane. I think the furthest drivers are more mid-west (Texas, Michigan, etc.)

I took a projector to TexLEM two years ago and just had a flightcase as a checked bag. I had no problems with it. The key is keeping it under 50 pounds. The issue I had more was, all the ILDA cable, splitter box, computer gear etc., in my carry on. They made me pull much of it out when going through the X-ray on that trip but, I didn't have a problem with the recent FLEM. I only had to take my laptop out which is standard fair for flying these days.

I may have to skip this one unless my $$ situation improves AND If I can get some kind of carpool going to SELEM from TX-
    I am in contact with many but most can't say NOW if they can go and waiting IMO is a way to fail..

I flew only once and will not do that again.

my car is no longer reliable but i do have a 4x8 utility trailer that tows easy behind any car
    and will offer it- I have some big totes and a good cover to keep the elements away form the gear--I need at least a 3 way split on gas-

My gear will be pared down a LOT- only small items for BS&T this time- I PROMISE!!

I need to stay over til Monday to re-take the LSO exam unless I am given a chance to take it free on Sunday-- If I opt to take it at home that will cost me $100 that I do no have to spare-

TY as always to buffo for continuing to do an outstanding job , The fee asked for is more than reasonable -IMHO- Its just the travel expense that hurts -- So any texans going that want to drive PLEASE PM me--I can meet you THANKS HAK
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-