Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 8th annual South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting, Aug 14-17 2014. Sign up now!

..all of the above-- Never saw Witcher W/O a smile on his face-
    @Hank--great to meet you and my first SELEM was very much like yours..

This post would be blank if it were list of those there that were NOT kind-helpful and make/made SELEM what it is to us..

...V/R hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    Okay, fixed public setting and verified!
    Looks like that was a sweet outdoor show! Now you just need to post the videos from the auditorium!

Default Selem 2015 must-do

Quadcopters...

with $20 keychain HD video cameras...

...IN THE AUDITORIUM FOR THE BEAM SHOWS!

Oh Yeah, you know that would be awesome! And at $20 or less a pop, if one gets blinded, no big deal.

Just need to make sure there are no specular reflection opportunities on the bird... foil, shiny plastic, etc. etc.

Default Club SELEM Video clip

This is all the footage that was usable from my cellphone. Heck, better than nothing?

http://youtu.be/B09xyS4zUdE

Default SELEM 14 Auditoriun Videos

SELEM 2014

http://youtu.be/xeupRPR5FzM

I have quite a few taken with camera phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCk2mQIzfU4

Some entire show...I spent MOST of my time in the back center of the auditorium!

Not sure what to say other than that I enjoyed SELEM. I enjoyed the people, the presentations, and the eye candy. Seems like I am never able to get there at the start and it always amazes me when I walk in to see the auditorium set up, the buy and sell area crammed full of goodies, and people already digging into a projector or laser. I got a super big kick out of the guy behind the curtain who worked not stop on that circuit board. Unfortunately, I can't remember your name (Count Funkula or something?) but I remember our conversation - I enjoyed it! Of course, I enjoyed talking to everyone that I came across, so I won't start thanking or mentioning people since I'm sure I will unintentionally leave someone out.

By the way, I stopped by a hobby store tonight that was full of RC gear. I managed to exit without buying anything but I have a feeling one of those copter thingies has a future at my house. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post

By the way, I stopped by a hobby store tonight that was full of RC gear. I managed to exit without buying anything but I have a feeling one of those copter thingies has a future at my house. Time will tell.
    Aww come on! You know you want it. "You will only spend...." Just ask Brad.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I got a super big kick out of the guy behind the curtain who worked not stop on that circuit board. Unfortunately, I can't remember your name (Count Funkula or something?) but I remember our conversation - I enjoyed it!
    HAA! You got my name right! It was great talking to you too! ...As well as everyone else who came by and asked me about what I was working on. Everyone's enthusiasm and interest in what I was working on was waaay more of a boost than any amount of caffeine could have ever been! It's very cool to have built a first article thoroughly infused with the good vibes and "spirit of SELEM"!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFunkula View Post
    HAA! You got my name right! It was great talking to you too! ...As well as everyone else who came by and asked me about what I was working on. Everyone's enthusiasm and interest in what I was working on was waaay more of a boost than any amount of caffeine could have ever been! It's very cool to have built a first article thoroughly infused with the good vibes and "spirit of SELEM"!
    i think the cookies newlin baked for us also qualify.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i think the cookies newlin baked for us also qualify.
    No doubt!!! Group Buy?!?!