Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 8th annual South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting, Aug 14-17 2014. Sign up now!

Thumbs up

Hey Kats..

..Well, I've not been able to get to S'LEM in quite some years, but.. It was well-worth the extra-effort to 'fuse' my Easterly-trips, there, to come down and see / hang with "Ya'll" Great seein all the 'new' faces, and several of the 'Ol Timers'..

..In particular, was in *awe* of the werk that Swami, Newlin and 'the D-Kump' are doing with LSX.. Fantastic presentation, Gents, and even more blown-away with the shows.. That product is just... a *World Champion*, complex / 'support-challenged' right now, as it may-be, but.. Wow.. In the hands of Artists, there's just simply no limit.. Aside from the 'Melange-like' cookies, there (..ain't no-way yer 'eatin just one'.. Sir Newlin's multi-pj shows were quite the treat, and - as always - Swami's craftsmanship shines thru in his truly eye-melting shows... 100% 'LSXxy'.. Amazing werk, and can't wait to find a way to 'team up' with you guys (..and a box of scan-glasses to make some next-Gen magik..

..'ClubSELEM' was pretty darn righteous, in it's own-right.. Wish I'd had moar time to play.. I was bound and determined to get the mirror-matrix / mirror-ball thang' goin (..although, my 'vision' was for the Auditorium, with that great 'volume' in there..) but, alas... walking Ions and cleaning baked LS-parts to attempt a resurrection, ruled the day(s).. More than happy to have helped, but didn't even get to crack the lid on my ShoPC (..which bit me in the arse for helping with the sho on Sun.. finally got it open, only to discover the TSA had buggered the start-button, somehow, during their "inspection".. >_< ..How I lothe those people's lack of respect / care.. Oh well...) Anyhoo, here's a few snappy-snaps from 'Da' Club'..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM14_Audi1.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	44520 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM14_Audi2.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	44521 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM14_Audi3.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	44522 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM14_Audi5.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	44523 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM14_Audi7.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	44526 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM14_Audi8.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	44525 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM14_Audi6.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	44524

..As-always, all-Thanks to the World Most Powerful Clown, Buffo.. for the tireless-efforts to make such a great event happen for all the 'grasshoppers and gurus, alike', and for those amazing Robin Williams-routines.. ..Extra-Special Thanks, too, to X-Laser, Sir Brad, and all-else those who helped-contribute to the Foodifying of everyone.. Muchisimas Gracias!!

...Glad I could, perchance, make it out.. Gotta get all my * together, so I can rightly-plan the next 'SoCaLEM', and we West Coasters can all show 'ya'll how it's done, again! <ducks> jk.. Gr8 time, Gr8 peeps..

..Hasta la proxima!
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Wow - great pictures and videos people! Keep them coming.

I was especially pleased to see some of the videos of the outdoor show. We had several problems crop up at the control station (fortunately no one in the audience knew!) so I never got a chance to get out into the crowd to see how everything looked. But from the videos that Ethan posted, it's clear we gave them one hell of a show.

The Club-SELEM shots above are AWESOME! And yes, it's even better in person. Next year we *WILL* have a live DJ in there, I promise. Thanks to everyone who helped out with music in there by mixing on their laptops.

Man, I am so tired. Been going at 110 mph for 2 weeks now, and I'm just about out of gas. Today was my first day back at work, and by the time 8 hours were over I was ready to fall asleep! Took a 3 hour nap when I got home, and I'm seriously thinking about going to bed now, and it's only 8PM. Sigh - it sucks getting old.

Thanks again to everyone for a fantastic event. I wish we were all neighbors so we could do this every weekend instead of just once a year. But I'll be posting more about next year's event soon, both to get some feedback while everything is still fresh and to see about some possible changes to improve traffic flow, especially in the crowded buy-and-sell area.

Adam

By the way, I just wanted to let everyone know that we did make budget this year. (Though it was right down to the wire...) And after all expenses were covered, we still had a few hundred extra to donate to Spec to help pay for the PL hosting fees.

So thanks to everyone who registered for SELEM! (And start thinking about how we can make next year even better!)

Adam

Edit: PS - we had lots of guests this year! 75 signed waivers, and almost half of them were guests. It seems we're getting popular...
    Last edited by buffo; 09-02-2014 at 08:43.

what are the 2015 dates?

SELEM 2015 will be from Thursday, August 13th through Sunday, August 16th. Load-in and set-up will be on Wednesday, August 12th from Noon until 5 PM.

Hope to see you there Kyle!

Adam

I am already ready for next year! We might need that scaffolding again in 2015 Adam. I think we are going to have a lot more projectors in 2015

Johnathon Vigrass

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    By the way, I just wanted to let everyone know that we did make budget this year. (Though it was right down to the wire...) And after all expenses were covered, we still had a few hundred extra to donate to Spec to help pay for the PL hosting fees.

So thanks to everyone who registered for SELEM! (And start thinking about how we can make next year even better!)

Adam

Edit: PS - we had lots of guests this year! 75 signed waivers, and almost half of them were guests. It seems we're getting popular...
    Guests? Maybe there should be a minimal fee for guests? Maybe 5 bucks? or 10 bucks? just a little something to add to the pot.

Aw shucks, I am already booked on a cruise ship gig in the Med then. :-(

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    SELEM 2015 will be from Thursday, August 13th through Sunday, August 16th. Load-in and set-up will be on Wednesday, August 12th from Noon until 5 PM.

Hope to see you there Kyle!

Adam
    Ain't gonna get here soon enough! I "think" I have had two days off from work since the last SELEM. All but a handful with a missing finger, have been less than 9-10 hour days and most fall between 10 -19.

I just made a major investment in Club SELEM yesterday too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I just made a major investment in Club SELEM yesterday too.
    Uhh O!

What did you buy?