Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th annual South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting, Aug 14-17 2014. Sign up now!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGarcia View Post
    Yeah Ill probably miss a solid $300-$400 dollars by going to SELEM.... :/ different worlds xD
    I can always make more money, but I can never make more time...

You won't regret going to SELEM. It's become somewhat of a pilgrimage each year for me.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    I can always make more money, but I can never make more time...

You won't regret going to SELEM. It's become somewhat of a pilgrimage each year for me.
    Well said Greg.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    It's become somewhat of a pilgrimage each year for me.
    Comments like these are why I continue to host this event. I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who are willing to fly/drive cross-country (in many cases toting lots of gear) just to attend. I think that's part of what makes SELEM so special: Everyone is 100% committed to the event. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you have a large group of determined people. (And past SELEMs are proof that we can indeed accomplish quite a lot!)

Of course, because everyone is so committed to the event, the onus is on me to strive to make it better each year. I think we're finally getting it down to a science though. Last year was pretty smooth, and with just a few tweaks I think this year will be right on schedule.

Just over 3 months to go... (Can't wait!)

Adam

Adam you don't get enough thank for what you do. You organize this so well that it can easily be confused with a corporate organized event.
    Keep up the great work!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Suggested locations for lodging are The Trotthouse Inn Bed & Breakfast (less than 1 block from the venue) or the Holiday Inn Express in Conover (around 5 miles from the venue). Call the Trotthouse at (828) 465-0404, or call the Holiday Inn Express at (828)-465-7070.
    Adam,
    Do we need to say any magic words at the Holiday Inn to get a special rate?
    Chris

I'll be there

I'll try to get a couple cool things to bring with me.
    Only an electron wiggler like you would resonate at 30cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Do we need to say any magic words at the Holiday Inn to get a special rate?
    Yeah, just tell them you're with PhotonLexicon. Or, alternately, you can tell them you're with the SELEM laser group. They should recognize either phrase. Worst case, if they won't give you the rate, call me ASAP and I'll take care of it. (Not that I think it will be a problem though. They've always been super-cool with us in the past.)

Adam

I'll be flying in Wednesday, so I can grab a room early if there are a couple folks that want to room up.

I don't snore
    Only an electron wiggler like you would resonate at 30cm.

Pick Me! I need to coordinate with roomies for SELEM. When are you arriving at the airport?...Departing? I'm looking at sharing car rental as well. I'm planning on arriving Wednesday and departing Sunday.
    I use a cpap so I don't snore.
    I read people share a suite...but I am open...Just want to confirm a share so I can make some reservations.
    PM me if you wish.
    rodman1369

Not sure what my plans are at this time. An old friend threw a wrench into things and is getting married in Sept halfway across the country.