Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: 8th annual South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting, Aug 14-17 2014. Sign up now!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Four Chauvet Intimidator Spot 350's. Moving heads w/ 75 watt LED's. I've been wanting to move more into the world of moving heads and you really need multiples of the same fixture. I'm going to get more of the American DJ Vizi Beam Hybrid 2r's like I had there this past year as well. They're just several hundred dollars more each. Now I'm searching for a proper lighting board. I'll use Norty as my excuse for this... yeah... that's it... It's Norty's fault! LOL

I really agonized back and forth between the Spot 250's and Spot 350's. I saw them side by side at the DJ Expo in Atlantic City last year and I'd swear the 250's were brighter and sharper but, that may very well have just been the way they were set up. The 350's were targeted more towards the ceiling of the arena and the 250's were more at the floor and lower levels. But, I was able to get a 36 month no interest deal on them through Sweetwater.com and a bit of a discount for buying multiples.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IntSpotL350

There might just be a few new, significantly more powerful lasers for ClubSELEM as well before it's all said and done.

I'm going to probably start moving some of my other non-coherent intelligent lighting to help pay some of this off. I've got a bunch of Martin SCX 500's and 600's I don't really use and I might even part with my two SCX800's. There is also a post in the buy/sell for two Chauvet Intimidar Beam 350's that are essentially brand new. I didn't like them enough to spend the money to build up a collection of that particular fixture though.

Nice fixtures Brad.. Can't wait to see what controller console your going to get...

I think you're going to need a bigger truck.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I think you're going to need a bigger truck.

Or maybe just move to Newton.

I'm looking at the Elation Show Designer 2.0 cf I think.
    http://www.fullcompass.com/product/3...6hEaAucT8P8HAQ

Or maybe just the Show Designer 1.

Brad you are a 1 man SELEM!

3 of the 4 arrived yesterday and I pulled one out last night to try it out. I'm happy with them. Four is going to be ridiculous in my venue. And ClubSELEM is only half the size of the ballroom.

I think it was a fine choice. I wish I could adjust the diameter of the beam just a little more but other than that, it's a pretty nice fixture for the money.