Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: UKLEM -17 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire UK 29-30-31st of August 2014

I ran out of space on my fruit based phone product and had to transfer everything off onto my Mac which is currently at home, so I'll post some piccies when I get back from work.

Many thanks to Jim for organising yet another cracking LEM. Great banter and an awesome bunch of chaps. Saturday night through to Sunday was a blast. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! I think sleep deprivation certainly played a part in some of the antics

And special thanks to Andy Con for fettling the fans on my 2 little RGB's (they don't sound like blade servers on full power anymore) plus the - mod wire from the red diode that you also fixored
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac

Thumbs up

Had a brilliant afternoon / eve on Saturday - wish I could have stayed longer but brilliant to see the Lexel 95 Krypton 'alive' and Jim's too.

A few pics of the Piko's outside & the Lexel 95
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lem1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	565.9 KB 
ID:	44599 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lem2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	430.1 KB 
ID:	44600 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lem5.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	574.6 KB 
ID:	44603
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lem3.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	168.2 KB 
ID:	44601 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lem4.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	283.9 KB 
ID:	44602

Wow looks like a nice laser meeting over there..
    How many WATTS is that green laser ??
    http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/UKLEM17/IMG_6912.JPG

It looks like 1000WATT or something Amazing man (Y)
    I think it's possible to reach other star-systems/galaxies with that.

what a fooking awesome weekend, it was great to see everyone again.

thanks to everyone for coming along and making the weekend so much fun.

big thanks to jim for all his hard work and for making me piss my shit, hope you like the new plaque jim.

a few pics

on the Friday night we all seemed to be standing in the car park watching chris blow his bed up

standard, briggs sleeping. he does it at least once a day you know

robs car

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    what a fooking awesome weekend, it was great to see everyone again.

thanks to everyone for coming along and making the weekend so much fun.

big thanks to jim for all his hard work and for making me piss my shit, hope you like the new plaque jim.

a few pics

wait what... most random sticker ever.

All of these photo's really sum up what an awesome LEM this was.
    Thanks again to Jim for organizing the venue and everyone for just making the meet an absolute blast and a cracking laugh.
    @ Jim
    Did you put the car park lights daylight switch back up behind the brick shed on Sunday? I forgot about it until I was about half way home.
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

I'm just surfacing and starting to feel human again after a rather horrific migraine which started early on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, this meant that I had to leave the LEM early so I could do the two hour drive home before I got to the stage where I wouldn't have been able to drive (I only just made it home in time). Apologies to those who were still in bed when I left as I didn't get chance to say goodbye to you. It was an absolutely awesome meet and thanks again to Jim for organising it. There are so many good things to say about this meet that i'd be here for hours, but suffice to say that I just love hanging out with such an awesome set of people, the camaraderie, the banter, the collective set of skills never ceases to amaze me.

Special thanks must got to Tony D, Adrian T, Andy C and Rob S. All of whom played a part in swapping out (and realigning) my 445nm blue for one of the new 462nm blues. I love my little projector, it's not the most powerful at only 800mW of balanced white, but the beam profile is something to behold . Also, thanks to Steve (Laserhobbit) for just being a real nice chap... I also need to sort out payment for the bits and bobs .

Thanks again guys, and I look forward to seeing you all again in April.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Default Phantom over Surfleet UKLEM 2014

Jem, i hope you're feeling better today.
    Here's the day video shot with the Phantom over the field next to the hall at the LEM.Enjoy choose HD)

Quote Originally Posted by RGbee View Post
    Jem, i hope you're feeling better today.
    Much better today, thank you. Normality is pretty much resumed
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001