Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Using a midi controller like a Novation Launchpad..

Default Using a midi controller like a Novation Launchpad..

I cant seem to find a way to program a novation launchpad in quickshow... then again, I haven't played around all that much with the midi settings, but! I would love to use the novation launchpad as my midi controller instead of a regular midi-keyboard.. I guess the same concept would be to use an akai APC-40. Hmmm... I wonder if you can program either of those into quickshow/beyond?

Anyone have experience with that?
    Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals

As long as you can program the launchpad buttons to send MIDI note information, you should be able to make it work with QuickShow, just like you would a MIDI keyboard controller.

QuickShow (and Beyond) cues respond to MIDI note information.

During SELEM, Bill (Pangolin) demonstrated the latest test version of Beyond that includes a controller template specifically for the APC-40...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    During SELEM, Bill (Pangolin) demonstrated the latest test version of Beyond that includes a controller template specifically for the APC-40...
    That's awesome. I need to play around with it some more, because it would be awesome to control the tabs from the launchpad, and have a program-able console like system to control everything else. Would make a world of difference instead of pressing keys on a laptop or pressing things with the mouse.
    Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals

I got some stuff for Livid. If anyone wants to do a DIY type controller you can get this and program it to send just about anything http://lividinstruments.com/hardware_builder.php#brain

I have suggested a profile for the Launchpad to Pangolin, I'd assume they'll add it once they get their hands on the hardware to test with. I have used it in BEYOND and QuickShow, however you can't get any lights to show up until a profile is made.

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    I have suggested a profile for the Launchpad to Pangolin, I'd assume they'll add it once they get their hands on the hardware to test with. I have used it in BEYOND and QuickShow, however you can't get any lights to show up until a profile is made.
    Pretty sure you can do that now with Beyond ~ but it will require diving into the world of Pango Script!!
    (Which actually isn't that daunting - Pangolin has a Pango Script demo thread started in their forums)
    Last edited by Stuka; 08-28-2012 at 15:53.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Hehe yes, I've been planning on digging into PangoScript for a while now, but crap keeps taking the priority! Will have to check it out & see if I can get some MIDI output. I wrote up a map of all the buttons and colour values for the launchpad somewhere ..

Pangolin has said it would work on 2-way midi some have asked about it back in 2009......http://www.pangolin.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
    Pangolin has said it would work on 2-way midi some have asked about it back in 2009......http://www.pangolin.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721
    They are -
    APC-40 template in Beyond
    RR

Sweet.....

well I guess I should spend $1500 bucks and upgrade to Beyond, hmm I just use LivePro.....And its the same in Beyond......