Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mierelight 1.5w 532nm DPSS analog laser for as low as $530 (see details)

135 usd for S & H ?
    well, something might have changed

I remember paying 535usd for a 1w cni , november 2012, and the total including s&h was 618 usd based on my paypal history

so that was 83 usd for super fast DHL delivery. They also do EMS and that should bring costs down

Hope this helps. You canalso contact member Bridge here, he is the owner of laserwave
    "its called character briggs..."

Sorry daction i just couldn,t resist. But back to a more serious note, modules with fans need airflow and that means you need to feed it with fresh air. Unless you like to clean your dichro,s after every show by having airvents in the topsection i don,t think its such a good choice. A better choice would be a fanless OEM style one like laserwave or CNI.
    Viasho has really nice lasers but they totally went the Wrong direction with their Huge size modules and noisy fans on top. No idea why they went that direction since Kvant used to have them also in their projectors. Hopefully they come back since i really liked them.
    Last edited by edison; 05-02-2014 at 15:40.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Ok, I need to retract the above shipping cost quote. Prior to the company's response to my email I found a shipping calculator on their website. I used this calculator to come up with this cost. When I used their calculator for one laser the shipping was calculated at $135 and when I calculated the total cost for 10 units it came to $655. Early this morning the company responded to my email inquiry on quantity discounts and bulk shipping on multiple units. Mimi, an agent of the company, emailed a response to all of my questions which I will post here shortly below. Basically it appears their shipping calculator is malfunctioning. The shipping for one laser appear to be somewhere around $46 to $53. In one part of her response she states a shipping formula that uses $4 per 0.5kg over the first 0.5kg. Later she makes a calculation for one of my other questions and uses a different factor of $3 per 0.5kg. I need to clarify this but based on LaNek's post above I suspect it's the $4 factor which brings the cost to what LaNek recalls paying. You can read the actual email response for yourself below but basically they do offer a quantity discount that appears very attractive. 3% for 2-4 units and 8% for 5-9 units. So at 5 units the discount comes to $40 which brings the laser to $460 plus around $36.20 for shipping ($53 for first unit + $32 each additional = [53+(32*4)]/5 should be 36.2 by my calculations). So, if 5 units were bought then cost per unit comes just under $500 (496.2) shipped to one location. Re shipping within the Conus should come to about $17.45 based on the flat rate large fee on USPS. $513.65 delivered to your door in about 2 weeks. Bottom line comes to about $40 saved per person. Not bad but also not amazing. Since I'm planning to buy two for myself I'd be willing to coordinate this and offer back $21 of my total savings ($80) divided to the other three buyers bringing their total to $506.65.

Also note that in here response to one of my questions she indicates the laser in question is conservatively rated at 1500mw and appears to do 1800mw. I will clarify this with her. If she is confident each of the units will output 1.8w (+/-5%) that would appear to be a helluva bargain.

There appears to be one other fairly committed participant at this point so if two more are needing this type of unit now may be a good time to buy....

Updates as I receive them.

Have a great weekend, hope all of y'all are enjoying the time off and not doing what I'm doing....work.
    Jmillerdoc

Mimi's email response to me:

Hi dear Jeff,

Thank you for your inquiry of our laser module,and I reply your questions as below:.

I have been working on arranging a group buy with Mierelight for a 532nm 1500mW DPSS laser/driver combo. I was given your information and the link to your website's ad for the CNI 1500mw 532nm with TTL and analog driver selling for $500 USD.
    I have a few questions I'm hoping you would answer in order to for me to make some comparisons with Mierelight's offerings.

1) what is the shipping cost for this laser to the USA?
    Below 21 KG by DHL, Shipping cost is USD25 at the first 0.5KG, per 0.5KG added, it will be USD4. If above 21KG, it is USD6.5/KG..

2) could you offer any discounts on quantities from 3-5 units? If so, what would it be and what could you offer for 5-9 units? 10 or more?
    If buy 3-5pcs, we offer 3% discount. If 5-9pcs, it is 8% discount..

3) what is your warranty on these? Can you provide the terms of warranty? It is one year warranty from the date you receive the package. If you want two year warranty, the price will be more 30%..

4) if I were to buy more than one of these units could you give me the cost on shipping for 1 to 10 units? (For example could you provide it like this: 1=$25, 2=$40, 3=$50, 4=$60,,,,,10=$120)
    1PCS is around 4KG, so 4KG shipping cost=USD25(the first 0.5KG)+7*3=USD46 , there are 8 0.5KG in 4KG..

5) if there is more than one shipping option what is the price for each? It has UPS, TNT, FEDEX, but usually, we send by DHL..
    6) are these brand new units? Yes, it is new.
    7) do you carry any refurbished units not advertised on your site? If so, what are the prices?
    I send you our laser module price list in attachment, you can have a look.

8) do you have a similar unit that outputs a stable 1800mW and if so, how much would this one cost in quantities of 1, 5 , and 10 units?
    CNI 1.5W power output has around 1.8W too.

9) from time of payment how long will it take to have these shipped?
    One week.

I would like to purchase at least one of the advertised units and I have some friends and associates who might be interested as well depending on the savings we might gain.
    I appreciate your help with this.

I also hope we can cooperate with each other in future, I will offer you good price.

Sorry for this delay, because here it is holiday from May.1 to May.3.

If any questions,please feel free to contact me.

Nice day!

mimi

I suppose the question should be what are the beam specs of your red and blue? I got my cni green first. Then I got my awesome red and blue modules. Then I started to look at my green again. I sent it back to cni . They changed the beam specs from 2mm @ aperture 1.5 mrd divergence to 3mm @ aperture 1.0 mrd divergence . Here is the bit that blew me away with cni. It came back retested ( with test report I paid for 1 watt 1.33 watt) NO Charge for changing the beam spec ( I paid for freight). Will your guys offer that kind of support? If not it's looks like a dead end to me. Let's face it it's all about the colours at the end of the day.

Details and scope have recently changed. Since doing some negotiating back and forth between Mierelight and Goldenstar it has become clear Goldenstar has the better offerings. Since there has been some interest in other units besides the 532 I've changed it up and posted a new thread at LPF. Please refer to this new thread for details if you are interested.
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/go...ml#post1297853
    Thanks!

seems like a happy ending and some nice trading skills on your part.
    well done!
    "its called character briggs..."