Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 1.4W 462nm Laser Diode

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Here's a pic of my recently completed modules (by logsquared, not me!) which use a 462/445 combination.

Chris reports they are corrected nicely along with the 445 and he could see a clear difference in the colours.

Attachment 43424
    I like how these module look. Wonder how much these are.....

These new blues are really awesome. As much as I tried i couldn't get the difference to show up with my camera. When I put the combined 445 + 460 through a diffraction grating it became very obvious to the eye the 460's are very aqua in color. I believe when installed in a projector the result will be even more apparent.

I like how these module look. Wonder how much these are.....
    Thanks. Unfortunately, My summer busy season is underway. Besides a few single mode projects I probably wont have the time to make any new modules till fall.

4laser diodes in the module , 2x445 2x462 ??
    Or do you have one of each and two red in there ?
    And why not combine both inside the module ?
    Nice builds btw

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Here's a pic of my recently completed modules (by logsquared, not me!) which use a 462/445 combination.

Chris reports they are corrected nicely along with the 445 and he could see a clear difference in the colours.

Attachment 43424
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    4laser diodes in the module , 2x445 2x462 ??
    Or do you have one of each and two red in there ?
    And why not combine both inside the module ?
    Nice builds btw
    445 + 462 and 2X P73.

There is definitely room to combine inside. We figured that combining eternally has a few more benefits.... Can use long pass dichros that are generally cheaper and more efficient.(although the reflect RB pass G from the Cazio are pretty good) Saves a bounce mirror inside the module. Allows for quicker convergence alignment in the field.

These are really cool. I want the bare modules. I can add my own diodes and optics. But really like them.

wonder if a single mode version of this will appear any time soon... would be nice for a nice low power graphics projector

Has anyone tested these for output power? If they are spec @ 1.42W then is say 2.0W a reasonable power output? More? Or less?

They are a little less efficient than the NDB7875's and after 1.9A they don't seem to get much of a power increase but some buying them on the other place want push them to try to get a higher wavelength. @ 1.9A they tend to land just under 2W. I have been pairing them with 1.8A drivers but have had some requests and sold them with 2A-2.4A drivers as well.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...765#post292765

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Has anyone tested these for output power? If they are spec @ 1.42W then is say 2.0W a reasonable power output? More? Or less?
    I plan on running mine (when it arrives) at 1.5A for an approximate expected output of 1.7W . I'm really hoping to report a luvvly blue color ..
    I do plan on being careful with the current ramp-up though, due the relative expense of these units.. Granted, they're not the $$$ of the 520 green diodes, but still ..
    Last edited by steve-o; 06-09-2014 at 15:53. Reason: grammarrr

Yep, it's more blue and less purple :] I tried taking pics, but like everyone else, I'm having trouble with cameras actually capturing the real colors.
    In one side-by-side comparison the 462 really looked like a very nice sky-blue and the 445 looked violet in comparison. I had the 2 defocused for color comparison on a wall - the spots were approx. 1 foot across. On different surfaces the difference can be more or less pronounced. In some comparisons it looked almost the same as the 445. Kind of strange. When at full power and collimated into a thin beam it's hard for me to tell the difference though, and when taking pics of course it looks white because of camera saturation. It's not an overwhelming color change, but imho any change away from the dark blue of 445 is a good change. Overall pleased with this purchase ;] Thanks DTR !
    Last edited by steve-o; 06-13-2014 at 06:59. Reason: added more details/ elaborated