Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.4W 462nm Laser Diode

Yes, there are hidden costs. Especially for the small beam diameter beams you need to expand the projection otherwise you wont see the interference pattern. I have this interferometer and I replaced the diffusor plate by a lens to expand the beam. Now I shoot the projection at the wall. The lens did not cost me a cent and works the same way as the Thorlabs expander for 240€ does.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Late last night, I discovered a laser projector seller that has already integrated this diode. Laser King (laserlinna here on the forum) - of the LKDPD-1 and 2 fame. I'll copy her e-mail I received when I get back to work. I was a little surprised to see these making it into an Asian manufacturers regular product line before some of the high end manufacturers or even the experimenters and testers here.
    I had an email from Eightonlight / Lightspace last night, also offering some of their larger RGB systems with this diode option.

"its called character briggs..."

Yeah that's surprising .. 462 already in some projectors .. They don't list their prices. Wonder how much the "Ascent-X RGB-5400" is ?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

ohhh.... me want.

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I stand corrected.... and I'm an idiot but, I also read the e-mail after midnight after nearly an 18 hour day at work with two large back to back events. It's Omar & Lightspace. Sorry Omar!!!

Hi Brad,

We are sending news of our latest RGB lasers with True Blue 462nm to you in this email, and we hope you will be interested in them,
    Saturn/Ascent X RGB5.4watt

Red637nm 2000mw, G532nm 2000mw, B462nm 1400mw, PT-A40 new scanner

Experience Price: 5990USD/UNIT

Ascent X RGB9watt

Red637nm 3000mw, G532nm 3000mw, B462nm1.4watt+B445nm 1.6watt, PT-A40 new scanner

Experience Price: 8400USD/UNIT

The 445nm blue color is something similar to purple, while the new 462nm is pure blue color. The luminance of 1.4watt 462nm blue module = 3.5watt 445nm blue module

We offer limited quantity with the Experience price, First come, first served.

If you need any further information please feel free to let me know, and you are always welcome to visit our homepage to know more about our new products:

www.eightonlight.cn

Thanks and best regards,

Omar

Lightspace LTD.
    www.eightonlight.cn
    asia@eightonlight.cn
    MSN: ledlightspace@hotmail.com
    Tel: 86-0750-3315551
    Mob: 86-15819935469

the wait is driving me crazy...

let's see who gets the diode first, DTR or lasertack
    "its called character briggs..."

An aside...
    I have now moved away from "hand collimating" in the traditional sense laser diodes ("pick a point on the wall afar and focus"). I've breadboarded a collimating interferometer rig which allows for genuinely perfect collimation of the source (to the performance of the lens system), by matching interference patterns. Recent trials with some 120mW B1 bin Osram diodes exhibit mind-blowingly low divergence; a thread with exact measurements to follow.
    Just like Zygo claims, if we can measure it we can make it. I don't disagree with your approach and I am excited enough about it that I might want to duplicate it, but how are you implementing the extreme precision that is needed in adjusting the beam optics and diode positioning including rotation? Where this really excites me is that the complex patterns of the multimode diodes cannot be corrected by mere alignment of low order optics. And the highest power will likely be from multi-mode diodes for the foreseeable future because they more effectively extract power from the entire gain medium. However, if you can accurately measure the beam profile of a few of the more common multimode diodes then generate an inverse optical element (in software), a corrector could be fabricated (refractive or deffractive because these are monochromatic light sources) to improve these beams in a way that rivals single mode diodes.

Distribution? As with most things, assume a normal distribution, around 462nm @1.4A.
    Or test... Lots.
    The problem with such a wide spec range is that there is a good chance that within one SD to the blue, you are pretty close to the 445 that you paid a lot to move away from. But, you are 100% right. Its likely one or the other unless such a large range suggests some new complication in the quality control.

I love sausages
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    The problem with such a wide spec range is that there is a good chance that within one SD to the blue, you are pretty close to the 445 that you paid a lot to move away from. But, you are 100% right. Its likely one or the other unless such a large range suggests some new complication in the quality control.
    I'm too lazy to do a search, but it was mentioned sometime ago (by I believe mixedgas) that when manufacturing diodes destined for video projectors a broad range of wavelengths was desirable as it reduces speckle, or something like that. This statement was specifically about the 445s, as at the time their deviation seemed unusually high when compared to more familiar diodes.

While it would be a pain in the ass, this deviation in wavelength would allow the diodes to be binned according to their wavelength, which might benefit certain module builders.