Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ILDA Laser Safety Officer Training Class: Monday after SELEM (Aug 18th, 2014)

Bump...

Looks like we have 3 - 5 potential students. Anyone else interested?

-Sal

Do we have enough yet for this class? I need to figure out if I need the extra day off work or not.

Right now we have three PL members who are interested (drm916, DiscotheFunkyHippo, and Sugeek). Also, Adam Raugh said that he was pretty sure there would be two people from X-laser who would like to take the class. So that makes 5 people max. We need at least one more person to make this LSO class happen, and we need to make the decision soon. SELEM is less than 1 month away.

Adam

Hello, put me down. I'm planning to take Friday and Monday off. I plan to drive down from Northern Virginia on Thursday evening and return Monday evening.

I am interested in doing the course and cert as I'm playing with my lasers more in public -- and have a desire to bring larger systems into public areas.

I am not an ILDA member, will contact Patrick Murphy.

OK you guys - we have enough people interested to make the class happen.

You all need to contact Patrick Murphy (Executive Director for ILDA) and sign up to take the class via the ILDA website. you can e-mail him at mail@laserist.org or you can call him at (407) 797-7654.

Please do so ASAP! We need to be sure that Greg Makhov doesn't accept another obligation that would conflict with SELEM. So the sooner everyone signs up, the sooner we can get Greg locked in.

Adam

I emailed Patrick this morning. He said he is hoping to have the LSO course registration at the ILDA Member & Event Management website by Monday.

-Sal

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    I emailed Patrick this morning. He said he is hoping to have the LSO course registration at the ILDA Member & Event Management website by Monday.

-Sal
    Perfect. I need to pay for my ilda membership and the lso course. I am pretty excited about this.

The LSO class registration is now up on the ILDA Event registration site.

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    The LSO class registration is now up on the ILDA Event registration site.
    Prices are a little different than posted on the original post. But thanks for telling me this is up. I need to get all this stuff taken care of.

I'm checking into this. When I first contacted Patrick about the class, it was going to be the same price as before, which was $395 for ILDA members and $445 for non-ILDA members. But now it appears that it will be $425 for members and $495 for non-members.

Not sure why the prices changed...

Adam