Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: making your own fog juice?

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Wizardry View Post
    properly processing the mixture as some of the large manufacturers do is likely out of reach for the average DIY-er, and by the time one has sourced all of the proper ingredients, it is generally discovered that making "real" fog juice in anything less than 50-100 gallon batches is not actually very cost effective.
    Don't bother Karl. We've tried to make this point already. He's not listening.

A lot of manufacturers also add various ingredients to adjust the boiling point, specific gravity and viscosity as well, This was the difference between some of the old school companies' HQ versus light , or even "cold flow fog" formulas all based on the same ingredients list, as well as the obvious- adjusting the glycol to glycol and glycol to water ratios of the different formulas.
    Not to mention various coagulants and/or chelating agents that help keep it all in suspension... But we never even got around to discussing that either, for the same reasons above.

Adam

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 11:43.

karl is this your shop? http://www.unitednuclear.com/

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Karl, count to 10 before you release that primal scream!!! Take a deep breath, Then forgive Kecked for not knowing......

Kecked, see the wiki on United Nuclear...
    You may be shocked who owns it.

Quote: "an individual who claims to have worked as a scientist and engineer, reverse engineering extraterrestrial technology at a site called S4 near the Area 51 test facility"

Karl's office is 1909 miles from United Nuclear. From Lansing you take I-40 West for 1728 miles, then pick up AZ-377 South... Karl does not believe in UFOs, I've known him since 1995 or so. The family business is real, I've been there.

ROFLMAO!

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 06-09-2014 at 16:36.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 11:43.

ahhh I see Bob Lazar. Sorry

PS: there is nothing there at 51 other than an airfield that tends to flood.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote: "If it will make Steve feel any better, my dad also used to work in "secret" facilities in a past life."

So did mine...

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    ahhh I see Bob Lazar. Sorry

PS: there is nothing there at 51 other than an airfield that tends to flood.
    ...and guards that will shoot you on sight for trespassing...

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 11:44.

I'll be the one to step down and say how you are pathetic in still trying to scare people into buying your bottled tap water by trying to start flame war and posting offtopic junk to hide some interesting posts in this thread. Obviously you won't be biased even though you're in this business. *facepalm*

If you want to be taken seriously, you have to show some logic and reasoning, not use scare words, refuse to argue anything, give false data and play the "you're not listening" card. Otherwise only a fool would listen to your advice and not be skeptical.

Because seriously,
    1) Some commercial fluids DO use glycerin.
    2) No it does not smell bad. As much as the commercial ones.
    3) No it does not leave sticky residue
    4) Yes it kind of does clog up your machine over time, like all commercial fluids do

The only argument here has been because something has not been 100% proven to be 100% safe, it should be considered dangerous. But that's not just true for glycerin, but also any glycol used in any fog fluid.
    Apparently now the OP has pretty much found out what 99% of fluids out there contain and is using what some of *you* suggested but you're still going on about the same crap. Of course nobody will listen to you.

Well, at least we don't have someone from Chauvet, etc. making this old bullshit argument:
    "The use of other, inferior products can cause irreparable damage to your machine."
    http://www.chauvetlighting.com/fog-juice-gallon.html
    And they don't even try to not sound biased. Like you guys.