Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2014 Auditorium Schedule

Wow - you've put a lot of thought into this one Brad!

I don't see any show-stoppers. We'll need to borrow that tall ladder from the venue to mount the truss clamps, but Platinum will be at SELEM this year, so we've already got a volunteer to scale the ladder-of-doom for us.

If you have the block-and-tackle needed, I don't see why we couldn't do this. Only issue is that the throw from the stage to the scrim is going to be short, so the image won't be really big... Still, I'd like to see us try it.

DZ - what do you think?

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

From memory, it's further than what I have to work with in my own venue and even the Pluto's work pretty well. DT40wides, like in my CT Lasers projector is even better. I'm betting you can get a test frame 10' x 10'.

Hmmm... That's pretty decent. OK, let's run with the idea!

Adam

Hey Brad, that sounds awesome to me!

As for the schedule, there's still quite a few holes there, can anyone comment on how I should fill them up and/or adjust what's currently listed?

I have the feeling that the open times on Thursday aren't really a "major" concern at this point and my thinking with regards to that is...

most likely those of us that will be there on Thursday daytime are more "diehards" that are more into the social aspect of SELEM and will probably find ourselves off on some random assed tangent like affixing lasers to quadcopters and trying to fly them in such a way as to have the beam write our names in cursive on luminescent paint rolled on to a piece of scrim. Or setting up a series of bounce mirrors which takes a beam from the ion room, down the hall way to the gallery, past the piano, around the corner and into the back of the auditorium to a series of joystick controlled scanners mounted on the rail of the balcony aimed towards strategically placed balloons on stage and seeing who can fire off a shot from the ion room while watching via a video monitor of a camera placed in the ballroom and pop the balloons while keeping a 24 oz beer can balanced on their head. (It's SELEM!)

I'd have a plan of course but... chances are Thursday will still be a little "loose".
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 07-03-2014 at 06:17.

Smile

HAHAHA! I love the Rube-Goldberg description. Sounds like fun!

By the way, I broke down and ordered another bird. Got the Skyartec X3V. Full collective pitch, all-aluminum rotor head, and a belt-driven tail-rotor with variable-pitch blades. Fully 3D capable. Can't wait to crash it!

Adam

I've had a couple different ones in my shopping cart on a few occasions and haven't gotten the nerve to click, "Pay Now". With Banggoods slow shipping I'd better hurry if they're going to be here in time for SELEM.

Ok.... Banggood order placed... $390+ (Had to call me and get me thinking about it didn'tcha. lol)

LOL! Updated the shows schedule, per Brad's recommendations.

LOL!!! Now it's looking a little more accurate! Counting down the minutes...