Thread: Videogame logos...

Default Videogame logos...

So I have been REALLY playing around with BMP2ILD, and now that I have CorelDraw, I can turn ANY graphic on the net into a laser image, no matter if the image is in color or black and white...

SO...

Anyone want any laser files, I am gonna be uploading again... I've created colorful logos from stuff like Jr. Pac-Man, 1941, Joust, Mappy, the Intellivision logo, Pokemon, Space Harrier and more... If you guys want these I can send 'em on down... Should I just make one big file with all the logos in there, or upload each logo file by file?

O yeah and I gotta give MAJOR props to Buffo, who helped me figure out a way to get the 20k scanners I still have installed in the Goldenstar laser to run these ild files even better than I've been able to in the past... So even though these will look absolutely stellar on 30 & 40k scanners, if you got 20k they'll still look kick ass...

Quote Originally Posted by VibrationsOfDoom View Post
    So I have been REALLY playing around with BMP2ILD, and now that I have CorelDraw, I can turn ANY graphic on the net into a laser image, no matter if the image is in color or black and white...

SO...

Anyone want any laser files, I am gonna be uploading again... I've created colorful logos from stuff like Jr. Pac-Man, 1941, Joust, Mappy, the Intellivision logo, Pokemon, Space Harrier and more... If you guys want these I can send 'em on down... Should I just make one big file with all the logos in there, or upload each logo file by file?

O yeah and I gotta give MAJOR props to Buffo, who helped me figure out a way to get the 20k scanners I still have installed in the Goldenstar laser to run these ild files even better than I've been able to in the past... So even though these will look absolutely stellar on 30 & 40k scanners, if you got 20k they'll still look kick ass...
    I would be interested in the logos you have made. How about creating the Atari Logo too?

I have a Goldenstar laser with 20K galvos. I want to try out BMP2ILD this week. What did you figure out that makes the 20k look good?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Eric in New Orleans

There's tons of things to keep in mind... What I have found is for best results, keep the images under 1000 points, no matter what. If that means you have to sacrifice part of the image and detail, so be it... Anywhere from 7 up to about 11 for the pixel to point ratio is good.. Keep in mind also, you seem to be able to mix and match pixel to point ratio for each line you create. And NEVER do the auto scan and track, as the points the computer generates for you are absolutely insane...

Maybe I should create a tutorial for this thing... It's not hard once you understand some basics...

The MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER: If you are using images off the net, MAKE SURE you convert them down to their most BASIC black and white colors... Only a 0 and a 1, no gray variants, no subtler shades of white or black are going to work... I use Corel Draw X5 as it has an automatic convert to black and white function, AND you can select how much white or how much black shall be the dominant color (good when the black lines look a little thin). And when you finally finish the image, MAKE SURE the exact last thing you do is click on the "return" button next to the undo and redo buttons... If you don't, the blank lines won't close properly and you'll end up with weird lines...

For 20k scanners, make sure for your last "point" that you click somewhere close to one edge of the "drawing" screen... This forces some unnatural curves and images to realign themselves properly. You WILL end up with a small color dot where you last clicked, but this seems to help 20k scanners "focus" the images better, making smaller circles and tinier images display properly... Above all, play around with the program! Most everything is straight forward, and it's fun to see how images can be converted... Animations aren't possible that I know of, but you CAN make flashing logos by redoing the same patterns and saving them with different colors. AND, you CAN mix and match colors within the same drawing: IE you can use white for some parts, then switch to red for other areas... It's a nice program, once you understand it's strengths and limitations...

And o yeah, to Eric: someone already made some arcade logos and vector (or is it raster? I always mix those two up) logos and moving arcade images, and the Atari logo was one already done. I used completely different videogame images and logos in my creation: IE logos and pictures from Pengo, Space Invaders, Defender, Pac Man and Jr. Pac Man, Qbert, Space Harrier, Zaxxon, etc... I'll be uploading it soon...

I'm gonna update the scanners to 40k sometime this century, but I thought it might be nice to keep a 20k machine just for those who don't have them, so I can see how they'd look... Until then, I use Zilda to see how the files turn out...

And o yeah, to Eric: someone already made some arcade logos and vector (or is it raster? I always mix those two up) logos and moving arcade images, and the Atari logo was one already done. I used completely different videogame images and logos in my creation: IE logos and pictures from Pengo, Space Invaders, Defender, Pac Man and Jr. Pac Man, Qbert, Space Harrier, Zaxxon, etc... I'll be uploading it soon...

I'm gonna update the scanners to 40k sometime this century, but I thought it might be nice to keep a 20k machine just for those who don't have them, so I can see how they'd look... Until then, I use Zilda to see how the files turn out...
    Thanks for the tips on optimizing for 20k. I have a PLUTO now with 30k, but I still have three 20K projectors and I want to make things look good on those too.

That is good to hear about the Atari logo. Do you know where I can find a copy?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Eric in New Orleans

In Florida at the beach right now. Finally got time to load up the game logos. Very nice. Especially like the ZAXXON. Brings back memories of early 80s playing ZAXXON on my ATARI 400 when I was in high school on a hand me down 19" color TV with actual vacuum tubes. I would play all night with my door closed and the TV would heat my room up so hot. It was on a cassette that took like 30 minutes to load, if you were lucky enough to get it to load without crashing, then rewind and retry.

Can you do the Tempest logo? That and Sinistar would be very cool.

Thanks!
    Eric in New Orleans

I'll probably be working on an "arcade part two" for some other images and games that I didn't run... Those two I will give a shot, I remember having difficulty with the Tempest logo tho... I think it had something to do with the color schemes of the logo; those multicolors have to either be black or white...

I've got some stuff hopefully coming as well. I'm involved with an event called MAGFest and hope to have some shows done for it. LSX and Beyond (if I can use Beyond to write QS I'll do that so more people can play em.)

I do have some game company logos in LSX format if you want them. A friend made them using my stuff a year or two ago.

Heya! Unfortunately, I don't have LSX and probably can't read the format... I have been making video game images, and am about to finish up the second part (featuring more images and logos, like Konami, Galaga's spaceship, a marching robotron robot, Sinistar logo flashing red and white, Paperboy logo, etc).

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

LSX can output to ILDA which you can import into QS/Beyond/etc.

Heya! Unfortunately, I don't have LSX and probably can't read the format... I have been making video game images, and am about to finish up the second part (featuring more images and logos, like Konami, Galaga's spaceship, a marching robotron robot, Sinistar logo flashing red and white, Paperboy logo, etc).
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.