Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wiring DT40Pro's - Help Please

Quote Originally Posted by DZurcher View Post
    The squealling is a function of whatever is being displayed. You can hook up a stereo amplifier to a set of galvo's and listen to music. Regarding the angle issue, Could it be that your software is displaying it to look like that? Try doing a rotate and see what happens. If you can, in your software, do a rotate about X, then a rotate about Y and then rotate about Z and tell me what it looks like. When you say its having trouble displaying simple things, not sure what you mean by that. If the image doesn't look right you may need to optimize it a bit by moving around blanking points or anchor points. Or simply slow down the draw speed for that frame. Just because they are DT-40's and are capable of running at 40K or higher, doesn't mean you should. You should always have your dac set for 30K or less. When I do beam shows I run my DT-40's at 12K or less. When I do graphic shows I run them at 30K, if I do anything raster I usually ramp them up to around 80K. Take a look at some of the video's I've posted, they were all produced with the orginal DT-40's, not the DT-40 pro's. With exception to the halloween show, that was done with EMS-3080 scanners. To be painfully honest though, to get the best performance out of a set of scanners means getting pangolin, IMHO.

David
    oh ok i wont worry about the squealing then.

well my dac ran ok on my 15k scanners, so...
    in my software i can only rotate the whole image not X Y Z. ill rotate tomorrow and post the results.

the problem with my software is that speed and angle is just a number like 1-10. so i dont know how fast or what angle they are at. which is a real problem

attached is a screen dump

i dont know i just thought it could play animations like the attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.bmp  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    the dt40 are playing things at an angle
    im also not very impessed with them, they seem to struggle to play simple things

Andy,

Brown and blue - or as we term them in the UK "live" and "neutral" (there's no +/- when talking AC voltages) connect to AC and AC, it doesn't matter which way round.
    Earth (green/yellow) goes to FG.

Re. the angle and performance issues, double check the power and signal input grounds are correctly connected as per the manual.
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    Andy,

Brown and blue - or as we term them in the UK "live" and "neutral" (there's no +/- when talking AC voltages) connect to AC and AC, it doesn't matter which way round.
    Earth (green/yellow) goes to FG.

Re. the angle and performance issues, double check the power and signal input grounds are correctly connected as per the manual.
    ah i see, this is what i was trying to get at. Which way round to put the + and -. but its sorted now, but cheers

yeah ive got a new 25pin connector so will check all wiring tomorrow
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Which way round to put the + and -
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

haha something like that
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Pitts View Post
    A lot of my work is in professional audio power amplifiers complete with large heat-sinks and fans !!..

Cheers
    Ray
    Where do you work Ray? I seem to remember perreaux amplifiers are made in New Zealand, as are ZPE, no relation to your work?

My day job involves a lot of repairs to PA amps. Im starting to get sick of people running this new generation of amps with smps off dodgy generator power... Makes for IGBT's with holes blown out of them!!
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

i dont know i just thought it could play animations like the attached
    andy_con, the scanners should have no problem displaying that, in fact, probably flicker free. It only averages around 600 points per frame and is not very complex. It shouldn't be too difficult to change the 2 to an 8 either, just a bit time consuming since there are quite a few frames that would need to be changed, so its up to date! I looked at the screen shot, I see what you mean, it doesn't help much that you can't specify an output speed. That seems to be somewhat typical I guess with software packages that have the host pc do the processing. I remember having PCLite, a very old Laser Illusions DAC. I would put something together on one pc and it looked great, but if I attached the dac to a faster pc it all looked like spaghetti. That is an advantage to having a dedicated processor that does nothing but process frame data and doesn't have to worry about updating the fast frame video buffer every time you move the mouse around...

David

Hi Dave,

Yep perraux are made down here and very popular they are for the upmarket user both here and overseas.
    I think they are still based down in Hastings near Napier.
    I am based in Rotorua (a tourist city with thermal activity and the smell of rotten eggs although we locals don't smell it tourists either love it or hate it), living inside a volcanic region gives us electronics guys some interesting corrosion issues.
    I work on system design, R&M, some custom work. Mainly in the "Pro" area. Typically brands for me are JBL, QSC, Australian Monitor, Crown, Shure, Mipro etc etc.. mostly nice gear.
    Cheers
    Ray

Cool

I'm guessing you would know Mike Diack? A fellow New Zealand repairer in your line of business.

The place i work at ( www.logitronics.com.au ) sounds like a similar line of work. However we just do repairs, and no installations. Not a bad line of work, as there is very little repetition
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by DZurcher View Post
    andy_con, the scanners should have no problem displaying that, in fact, probably flicker free. It only averages around 600 points per frame and is not very complex. It shouldn't be too difficult to change the 2 to an 8 either, just a bit time consuming since there are quite a few frames that would need to be changed, so its up to date! I looked at the screen shot, I see what you mean, it doesn't help much that you can't specify an output speed. That seems to be somewhat typical I guess with software packages that have the host pc do the processing. I remember having PCLite, a very old Laser Illusions DAC. I would put something together on one pc and it looked great, but if I attached the dac to a faster pc it all looked like spaghetti. That is an advantage to having a dedicated processor that does nothing but process frame data and doesn't have to worry about updating the fast frame video buffer every time you move the mouse around...

David
    ah i see, im gona have another play today see what i can do
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat