Thread: RGB Beam unification problem

Default RGB Beam unification problem

The blue laser beam unification is no good, but I can't understand why?
    I produced some photos the problem 30 cm, 5m and 12m distance.

Thank you for the help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12m_distance.jpg  

5m_distance.jpg  

Blue_left_30cm_distance.jpg  

Time to open up the projector and adjust the near field AND far field alignment. Post some pics of the beam combining in the projector.

The near field alignment is not correct in your projector, this is why you see different unification at 0.3m, 5m and 12m.

And as you have the misalignment on X axis, I can say that the problem comes from the difference between the beam height of your blue source who is a bit different than the beam height of the red and green sources.

--- www.neodym.be ---

Oke, but..........The blue module is higher than what the green and red or lower than the green and blue module...or the blue dichro is not good positions...etc...what is the problem? How to raise the blue module height some 0,1-mm?
    Thanks,
    Last edited by whiteg; 07-19-2014 at 11:02.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteg View Post
    Oke, but..........The blue module is higher than what the green and red or lower than the green and blue module...or the blue dichro is not good positions...etc...what is the problem? How to raise the blue module height some 0,1-mm?
    Thanks,
    With a variation so slight as that, the module being raised up or down is probably not needed. A bump on the collimator can make a huge difference. Because a collimator is basically a screw, there is small amount X and Y play. When I am focusing my collimators for the first time, I make a target on my far wall and measure the beam movement and map out center. Once I mark center on the target, I LocTite my collimators and as the LocTite is curing, I do a final focus and move the beam to center to ensure that all the modules are of uniform beam height when they hit my dichros.

This is why some people have two X-Y kinematics for each laser. It costs in real estate and a slight % of beam power but you have ultimate control of the beams, even if they are different heights.
    Last edited by absolom7691; 07-19-2014 at 11:48.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Ok, thank you for the informations My laserwave modules is closed and warranty, I don't open now.

I tried the blue module raise and the beam is perfect. And now I looking one thin, good thermal conductivity plate. What is the perfectly plate?

I did different torque pulled the module mounting bolts, and the all module height correct now. I'm am happy

I am happy for you!