Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm 445 diode peaks at ~1.4W and then drops as current increased

These diodes are very efficient and I see similar output to DTR's ie 1.3W/A.

You will see the spill. A bad or improperly rotated wave plate absorbs nothing, but causes the light to fail to pass (or be properly deflected) in the PBS. If this is occurring then the wasted light will either exit the PBS toward the other diode or as in my set ups, will strike the surface that is glued to the adjustment mount. This might be missed, I suppose, if the mount is black anodized, but you should still be able to see it.

I am still worried about the diode. I run my 9mm diodes at 2.3 A and get 3W out of them.

I'll open up the module and check the waveplate/cube.
    The 445 should come from the side and be reflected, so if the waveplate is incorrectly aligned I should see the 'waste' beam pass through cube and out the other side where i can get a meter on it if needs be.

I'm inclined to just order the new diode and be done with it at this point. It's not as if they're expensive items.

I'm waiting to hear back from logsquared who built the modules, how i move the waveplate holder. I think its held in place by a grub screw which it looks like I'll have to remove the whole cube assembly to access, (and the resulting re-aligning afterwards) so I wanted to know for sure how its fixed before I start stripping it out more.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.