Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pulsed Lasers AT Selem 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    This medal is still available - the record at a lem is 42 watts (on a laser wizard) for a single laser. It is still hanging on the wall in my garage if anyone can beat it

Attachment 44224
    Now that the 80W greenlite prostate burners are showing up cheap on eBay (someone on PL has one) it won't be long before someone smokes your record!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Greenlight is not going to make it to the overall show market for a long, long, time.
    Pro DJs, even the one who is really improving personally and growing up, can't hack the servosystems.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-02-2014 at 08:56.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Probably a good thing Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
    Now that the 80W greenlite prostate burners are showing up cheap on eBay (someone on PL has one) it won't be long before someone smokes your record!
    bring it on bitches...it is just hanging in my garage...until someone steps up...it will hang...
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

speaking of leaks...I have 4 sets of these - http://www.ebay.com/itm/151347570069...84.m1555.l2649 left. Anyone who has a ceramic cavity L-scope and not an extra set of these is a fool. Once they are gone, they are gone. I have other L-scope parts listed as well, but my experience is that no one will buy it until they need it and then if it is gone...they whine... You got to have spare parts if you own one of these things or you will just have a fancy doorstop if it breaks
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

I have a pm1k and coherent fieldmax top that I can trust Steve or swami with be sure to let it stabilize if you hook up the water cooling to the head. As a note pat's cobra yag is freaking awesome so much cleaner than a converted scope it could be yours if the price is right .... Pat we will be having some microlems sometime this year platinum and I can't make Selem. This time I have a have a house rather than a hotel.

Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

steve would be a better choice than swami.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    I have a pm1k and coherent fieldmax top that I can trust Steve or swami with be sure to let it stabilize if you hook up the water cooling to the head. As a note pat's cobra yag is freaking awesome so much cleaner than a converted scope it could be yours if the price is right .... Pat we will be having some microlems sometime this year platinum and I can't make Selem. This time I have a have a house rather than a hotel.

Adam
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    steve would be a better choice than swami.
    You have a point swami doesn't like the post office as swamiland is hard to leave the venomous everything and spiked everything...
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Even my post office has rattlesnakes.

You have a point swami doesn't like the post office as swamiland is hard to leave the venomous everything and spiked everything...

Lightbulb

...As a note pat's cobra yag is freaking awesome...
    Wholly-seconded.. Somewhere in the boxcar upstairs, I still hold onto a 'once-close pipedream' of driving up to OR and presenting Cap'n Pat with a briefcase full of cash, and leaving with a Cobra.. *sigh* Still just a 'pipedream', but.. maybe one-day.. I'm bound and determined to see 19-20W of 640 out of a dye-head, and w/ a Cobra I just might be able to pull that off.. Bucket list!

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    Hey... interested in the laserscope conversion and alignment stuff. I have one that I have yet to touch.
    ..Well, ahem - All-respect intended, 'yet to touch' is where it should stay, till you've had full-on training.. And, I think I can pretty-much 'call it', that there will be no wholesale-dispensing of 'conversion information' at S'LEM.. Yeah, there's 'piecemeal' info "out there", already.. Some of it's right, some of it's half-baked, and some of it is just plain wrong.. But, no one - that truly knows how to 'do it right' - is going to be willing to share that info, there, sorry.. That is *very* 'metered' info, if for no-other reason than 'liability'..

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Just ordered one from that E-bay auction you linked to. ... Got a good source for the D/I cartridges? ...
    Aw, cripes.. wish I'd seen this, sooner.. I could have saved ya a C-note, and then-some.. I have a source out here in CA (guy is an auth'd LS-tech.., so all the stuff is OEM / 100% 'genuine-spec'..) and I can get 1x OEM-Lamp, 1x OEM DI-Filter, 1x OEM Particle-Filter, and 2x of the Gold 'contact-baskets', all brand-new - for $300. flat.. (!) Ya, Price that pkg. out vs 'other FL-based sources', and you know what I'm saying when I say that's a true-deal.. Shame, too, as I was fixing to call-out to see if any PL-based LS-owners wanted to get in on a 'GB', since I have to get one PM-kit for a PL-member, anyway.. Oh well, keep it in mind for future-needs..

Heya Steve -

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    ...Those fittings are rare as a hen's teeth. ..The hoses in question provide cooling to the Q-Switch, KTP Assembly, and Beam Dumps, and they are 1/3 the size of model airplane fuel tubing. ...
    Uh, are you talking about the little white 'Jaco' connectors underneath the deck, that I/O those little 'capillaries' to / from the cooling 'aorta' block? If-so, they're, umm, Jaco's and while, yes, difficult to find, not impossible.. I have quite a few, both in my road-box, and in the NY shop.. And, 'field-repairing leaks' in those is often just a matter of re-cutting the tubes / re-seating, and getting rid of old teflon / silicone that was 'hacked in-place', as-is often found.. Point-being, I can help.. ..and, on that subject:

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    ...Its looking like I can go, 90% chance of my being there.
    ..Well, why don't you make it 100%.. I've got to be in NY on the 19th, and (pretty-sure..) down in LA (that's Baton Rouge, LA, not here.. for a Client-meeting, mid-week, prior.. So.. But - there's one 'wild-card factor', that is still gelling, which may-mean I'd be driving from Roch (thru Buffalo, mind-you..) so.. if that ends-up being the way the winds-blow, here, well.. Unless you've already booked a flight.... Wanna hitch a ride? ..Besides, if we both end-up going / being there, we'll just have to 'take over the Balcony'...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Statler & Waldorf_2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	44231

..let's keep in touch.. PS - If I come, yes, I can bring my Fieldmaster / LM-150 puck, etc.. Oh, and prolly a 9W RGB, too.. We'll see..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...