Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEYOND Bizzare!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default BEYOND Bizzare!

I have two identical laptops. Both are Dell Latitude ATG D620's. Both recently received a clean install of Windows 7 Pro. Same processor, same memory, same hard drive size. One is named BB Lasers 2, the other named BB Lasers 3. Everything is duplicated side by side.

I install various laser software on each - Quickshow, LD2000, Fiesta, Moncha, Beyond. I fire up Beyond on BB Lasers 2 and everything seems to be working fine. I switch the FB3 to the other laptop and fire up Beyond. Any time you click on a cue, in both the preview window or the laser output, the image turns slowly around the Z axis and sort of zooms larger, smaller, larger, smaller. WTF?

I completely uninstall Beyond. I download and install the latest build from Pangolin. Fire it up and voila... same image turning around the z axis and zooming larger, smaller, larger, smaller.

No resetting or adjusting of anything seems to cure it.

May just have to show this one to Bill in person at SELEM but, in the interim, any thoughts???

This is weird. Even though everything should be identical as-is, I'd check the video card drivers for any updates.

Take the workspace from the 'good' machine and copy separately to the 'bad' machine, and manually open the workspace there. Make sure it is the one you've just copied.

Does it still do it?

I suspect you have a different workspace file which has an effect saved, and this remains even after an uninstall. when you reinstall, it preserves existing files, and so you load up the changed workspace again.

It may reside in the Users\App Data\Roaming or Local folder, rather than the usual Program Files/Program Files (x86) folder.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I agree with Adam.
    Try to check your workspaces.
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

my fresh install did the same. except when i click on a cue it would kinda bounce and zoom a tad and then settle in the middle.... was strange.
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

This one does basically that but never settles down. At first I thought it was a memory issue as that second laptop had less memory but, I added another stick to match the first one and I know BEYOND will run but sometimes does strange things if it's a little short on memory.

i just thought it was some kinda initial demo mode. I did something and it stopped. Now that i think, it has done it on all 3 computers i have installed it on
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    the image turns slowly around the Z axis and sort of zooms larger, smaller, larger, smaller.
    If you find the cure, be sure to share. I have a cue that does the same thing. If I hover the mouse over the cue, but do not click on it, the cue preview is normal. When I click on it, the scale undulates and rotates on Z. It is only one cue though.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

What build do you guys have as it might be worth requesting a later build to see if that cures it.

So far as I'm aware 652 is the latest build.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    So far as I'm aware 652 is the latest build.
    Build 612. Where is the update link for 652? When I went ot the Pangolin updates page a week ago, 612 was the only link I could find.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.