Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flying my Cessna to SELEM

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    man, i used to eat at godfather's pizza when i lived in fort collins.. 25 years ago.

that's a trip down memory lane.
    Maybe we should form a pizza posse.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

(nods sagely)

"the myth of the killer ape is true"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Maybe we should form a pizza posse.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Speaking of food... this will be year four I've hoped to be able to talk a few people into carving some time out to go to dinner at Zambra's in Asheville. Maybe with the extra day, it can happen. I know the argument is a trip would equate to a few hours away from the action but, if you enjoy food... it's SOOOO worth it. Asheville is about 1 hour west of Newton. The creativity, freshness and flavors of such exquisite bites has rarely been equaled in places around the world I have eaten. You can taste the passion for what they do in every bite. Keep in mind dinner might end up being $50-$60 since it's based around a tapas style and you'll want to try this and try that

But damnit.... it's a vacation and I need to live a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    The creativity, freshness and flavors of such exquisite bites has rarely been equaled in places around the world I have eaten. You can taste the passion for what they do in every bite.
    That's pretty close to how I describe Little Pigs BBQ in Newton.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

LOL. Ok... yeah. I forgot. There IS Little Pigs. That's almost a cursory stop between the hotel and the venue at some point through the weekend.

Sooo....I hate to ask...What kind of weight restrictions are we talking here?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Once I get there, I'll also be happy to help you get around if you need a ride.

We still need to find this place:
    http://www.godfathers.com/
    Thanks Gary!
    I would love to try to find that place again. Damn GPS!

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    Sooo....I hate to ask...What kind of weight restrictions are we talking here?
    I have a weight and balance calculator I use for this.
    The plane holds 22.5 gallons of fuel. I expect to have roughly half a tank when I arrive so lets round it up to 15 gallons to be safe. That means I can take a 250 lb passenger and still be within my weight and balance limits. Anyone over that will most likely not be able to squeeze through the door anyway. If you are close to that and still want to go I can loose some fuel which gives me more load capacity. This gives you an idea. We can talk privately at SELEM too.

Chris
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 08-06-2014 at 04:12.

Hey Chris,
    I'm pretty sure I'll be in the area around that time on the 13th.. My flight gets into Charlotte at around 10am.. After picking up the car & drive time to Newton, should be around noon.. Don't see why I couldn't pick you up if needed... Would love to go up with you as well...
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLight View Post
    Hey Chris,
    I'm pretty sure I'll be in the area around that time on the 13th.. My flight gets into Charlotte at around 10am.. After picking up the car & drive time to Newton, should be around noon.. Don't see why I couldn't pick you up if needed... Would love to go up with you as well...
    Mark
    Thanks Mark.
    My target is noon. I will need to unload the plane tie it down and check in at the desk, so plus or minus an unknown amount of time. I have no problem waiting if your not there yet. I would be more than happy to take you up too.
    PM my your number so I can give you a call when I land to see if your available.

Remember this is assuming the weather is good enough for me to fly there and home. I won't make a final decision until the night before or maybe the morning of the trip.
    Thank you
    Chris

Chris;

If the weather sucks, do you have a back-up plan to drive to SELEM?

Adam

PS: Thanks to Mark for offering Chris a ride. And yeah, definitely go up for a ride in his plane. It will make you want to have his baby...