Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: are video projectors replacing laser projectors for graphics?

That's not the point. What I've shown you is when people project neon lines with a video projector, they don't use 1 pixel wide lines, and they add glow around the line in the frame itself. So you have to take that into account when comparing brightness, you can't compare the brightness of 1 pixel with the brightness of the laser beam. I've explained this several times already.
    So you'd rather have simulated brightness by drawing in an approximation of glow, rather than actual glow ?

I'm done with this thread. You're trolling, don't know why and don't particularly care, but no one wanting to have a real discussion is that thick headed and stubborn. Not to mention insulting and hostile.

Thumbs down ..Just not worth the powder..

Quote Originally Posted by solidude View Post
    dsli_jon: the answers I've been given I've either accepted as valid points but not important for my specific use case or asked to explain the reason because they were just claims. Have you read the whole thread? No.
    ..Aaand you posture this because.... You were sitting beside me last nite?? Matter of fact, I re-read every-single post, which is what poked me in the ascii to make the time to reply to your cantankerous arse! Like I said - If your 'application' is in yer coal mine-blak man-cave, where you can control all manner of ambience, fog, etc, Sure, you can probably pull-off a "good" looking sim with video-fakery. BUT, as soon as you step out into the 'real world' - for any type of commercial application - where you 'never know what yer gonna get' / have to deal with with for: ambience, other-fixtures competition (LED-walls, sharpies, etc, etc) fog-retaining conditions, distance-requirements, etc, etc - the 'overlap-advantage' you seek, 'tween these 'apples and oranges', via video - will *collapse*. And..

..Sorry but this yet again proves you haven't read the thread. Most of the images you've shown have either long distance throw or are outdoor which I've said isn't my use case.
    ..a) Actually, 9 of the 16 pix posted, were surfaces less than 50'-throw from the source, and another 3 were under 100' (..hardly 'long distance throws'..) and 9 of the 16 were Indoor, so.. Who didn't read / observe? b) The pix I posted were a challenge to you to prove this to yourself (IF video can, indeed, 'replace' a laser-source - for vector-type graphics - under *whatever* conditions a Client / venue might throw at you..) But, again - if this whole bloody argument is for you, just doing shows in yer walk-in closet - Yup, you win, video can do it all for ya, you Go, Grrl!

..And the graphics themselves (not their brightness) are far from what I'd call "impressive" myself
    ..'impressive', as-in 'leaving an impression' / visually-arresting, vs video, in those 'categories' of attributes / situations, listed next to the pix.. I wasn't posting them to enter into your drawing contest..

..Also, I don't need to "prove" you anything. ..You are asked to give an answer and a proof of whatever is the case. You're free to answer or not to answer.
    Oh, but, yes you do.. I gave you real-world Proof, of what I am stating to you / how I am 'answering your question' (see OP and your related 'backpedaling' / target-moving posts for details..) Again - I challenge you to produce equally "impressive" (..careful, don't misundertand again..) results, with video, in such-varied real-world applications.. Buut, you argue that's not necessary, because this is all ONLY / EVER for your darkroom shows.. Well then, woo-hoo for you, you had the answer before you even started, WHY was this ever-even a thread for discussion, AT ALL, if-not for trolling..

....either assholes or holding some kind of religious belief towards their ..equipment of choice ...
    ..An excellent Freudian slip, Mr. Right.. Looks like you've got it all under control.. "..You can't teach a man what he thinks he already knows.".. Amen, and goodnite.. I vote..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abandon_thread.gif 
Views:	4 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	44527
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I really doubt hes said that.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...light=Emulaser

Post #5

We recently rated two separate types of video projectors with use with BEYOND EmuLaser. Both were home theater class projectors, and both (supposedly) 2500 lumen. The most important thing with this feature is how black the blacks are, not how bright the image is.

Not wanting a real discussion? Are you kidding me? Just look at the amount of spam in this thread and how many times I repeat one point before it goes to some "thick headed" folks. And the amount of insults, spam and bullshit I get along with few actually helpful posts.
    This is always been the problem with this forum: mostly very knowledgeable people, but either assholes or holding some kind of religious belief towards their program or equipment of choice or just biased sellers of their shit. i was warned when I decided to join, glad I won't have to deal with this shit so much anymore.
    My experience has been quite different, but then again maybe I came into it with an open mind. Aside from this thread and the odd thread like it, and the odd troll (or misguided person), I've found this forum to be a very welcoming place since joining in 2007. Full of friendly and helpful like minded people, hobbyists and industry professionals alike, all sharing a passion for lasers. There seems to be uncommonly high ratio are very talented and highly intelligent people here seemingly always willing to provide advice or a helping hand. Content aside, one of my favourite forums on the net, and the content is icing on the cake. Much preferable to the many other forums I've been a part of over the years.

If you think of it, there is no real graphic at all with lasers, just a single point which moves too fast for our eyes to catch up. I don't see you complaining about that.
    As it is with raster scanning. As it is with just about any display technology. So what's your point ?

You think someone in the audience is going to think "man, is this real glow my eyes see or is it part of the video projection?
    Real glow is due to brightness, fake glow becomes necessary when a light source isn't bright enough to glow for real. Putting aside the extra work involved of needing to draw it into all of your art work, perhaps in a very small, and very dimly lit room you can get away with faking it, but otherwise it will always be visibly inferior.

Solidude,
    How dare you! Let's not be vague. Who specifically are you calling thick headed? This thread has become a waste of my time and I'm going to go back to messing with my Raman lasers. Good luck.

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 12:10.

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 12:10.

...Give it a break man, you're full of shit...
    You can go play in the other thread you kiddies made now, or maybe update your website from the 90s.
    Hmm, the degenerating tone of this thread seems, somehow, SO familiar.

Did you by chance previously participate here using a different online name?
    Last edited by Stuka; 08-26-2014 at 08:10.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

" 15 characters"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fukitol.jpg  

Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 12:14.

I think the thread is probably done now.
    As for the trolling accusations, I frequent some less than salubrious forums where trolling is an artform, clever and entertaining, and this is none of that.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.