Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: are video projectors replacing laser projectors for graphics?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    As for the trolling accusations, I frequent some less than salubrious forums where trolling is an artform, clever and entertaining, and this is none of that.
    A shitty troll is still a troll though...

Adam

Nope, a troll has intent to wind people up, I don't believe that is the core aim here, even if it would be the simpler explanation.
    There is clearly deep thought behind whatever questions are being asked and perceived to be unanswered or given from a biased viewpoint.

What is most stark to me is the the fact that the word 'logical' has been used many times, and that the comparison is one that most people could make through logical deduction, but seems to be the point at which it all unravels, and the dead horse gets kicked a few more times.

There is a clearly a disconnect between the way parties here think about the subject at hand.

P.S. buy Pangolin
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Back from france.
    Surprised to see this is still going.

The fact you are attempting to make fun of experts here on this forum is pathetic in every aspect.
    Some of these people here are established members who have gained a lot of respect and also deserve to be treated so for sharing their knowledge free of charge.
    Laser wizardry and mixed gas being just one of several out there.

You are not willing to listen and are stubborn and not worth bothering if you keep that attitude up.

Have fun with your video projectors and goodbye.
    (also regarding you and your "VJ mates" (who we do not care about) laughing only shows that your attitude stinks and you aren't worth helping)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catpic.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	44543

Go these forums and never come back here:

http://resolume.com/forum/
    http://forum.garagecube.com/viewforum.php?f=31

Also this might be "your thread" but this is our forum.. you have no saying here.
    Last edited by masterpj; 08-27-2014 at 10:56. Reason: added funny cat picture because I already gave up on taking this seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by solidude View Post
    *facepalm* .
    *facepalm*

Yep, we know that feeling -

Pretty sure that several of the long-time members here have felt that way since your attitude turned to crap back on the first page of your thread.
    Granted, it has been mildly entertaining...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

This thread, after the back and forth...

Name:	beat_dead_horse2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	44554

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Its very rare that I mock some one, but its not just this thread.

He keeps generating Derision.

de·ri·sion

/diˈriZHən/

noun: derision
    Contemptuous ridicule or mockery.

"my stories were greeted with derision and disbelief"
    Synonyms: mockery, ridicule, jeers, sneers, taunts;

We keep seeing such Cognitive Dissonance, So I think he needs a 'Computerized Axial Tomography' (CT) or (CAT) Scan of the Brain.
    Here is a video of the procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ttPTFUe96s

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-28-2014 at 05:35.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 12:15.

...His challenge is stupid. He's shown few photos of laser projections and demands me to show him photos of video projections looking as "impressive" or "amazing" or whichever....
    Hah, Lol.. Well, 'Stupid is as stupid does', Mr. solidturd, but in your case, it's 'stupid doesn't'...The *point* was, you can ANSWER YOUR OWN QUESTIONS VIA THE 'CHALLENGE'... it wasn't a 'demand' as some affront to your manhood, ok, Napoleon? *Do both* types of projections - in varied-settings / ambient-conditions - and you will SEE the advantages / disadvantages of each different-tool, and where any 'overlap' exists / doesn't, straight-away.. That way, when experienced people give you the answers / 'proof' you seek via real-world testimony (ie: pictures..) - which you brush-off as mere 'claims' - you won't even need such mundane interchange, you'll have it all right in front of your vidiot eyes..

..Leaving aside how impressiveness is subjective and i don't even have the same laser frames to make an exact comparison..
    a) Thouroughly missed the point - the images were selected to show *varied ambient conditions* / when laser light has advantages over vid's effectively-incandescent source (ie: the 'surplus' of amplified-light, that nicely translates to bonus aerial-fx, even after spending some making nice, bright graphics thru a scrim, etc..) they were not uploaded to try and 'impress you', dig?..
    I would nary waste a nanosecond attempting such folly, O Lord of Laser-Lords, King of Vid-Kings..

..b) re: 'don't have the same frames', Pffff! Silly rabbit, using the *exact content* would not matter.. Doesn't matter if it's a 'NASA logo' vs a Nike or McD's or Coke or Audi or Bugs Bunny or whatever.. You should know that.. and, besides, I thought:

...But I'm an artist, ..
    ...soo, yer an "artist", but you could not simply draw / create whatever you might need to make the comparisons, IF that were a necessity? (which it would not-be..) That's not being much of an 'artist' in my book. So, then your MO is: 'Those that cannot Do.. Troll'?...

..I'm here to find proof.
    Pfff, you're here to argue needlessly (aka, troll..) You've been given the 'proof' / answer(s) to your "questions" several times-over, in several different ways / perspectives, yet 'no one is gratifying you'... Mmmyeah, well, you and Mrs. Palm enjoy the weather up there on your horse..

cya...

Name:	faeanim.gif 
Views:	4 
Size:	409.1 KB 
ID:	44560
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 08-28-2014 at 11:34. Reason: clarity
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Name:	burns.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	44563
    That was quite the burn.

Yeah for an artist you sure aren't showing much of this art of yours.

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 12:15.