Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Venus 2 From Lightspace

Looking at the back.. where is my X-Y invert switches??? Kinda useless without these for multiple stage units. Another solution to Liteglow's method #1 above is just have a backup unit in stock at all times. At the price of these units, this is more than possible to save your a$$. I have backup lasers to all of my systems, these things fail regardless of who makes it and how good they are. You are not going to be replacing diodes or modules in the middle of the concert anyways, fix it properly after the show in your shop.

You don't need x y switches. I just reverse the wiring on every other head permanently. If it needs to be reversed when used on its own you just do it in software.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I believe they do have axis flip anyway. It's part of the LCD functions
    Frikkin Lasers

Yes, but like on my Pluto II, when you hook up an ILDA cable, it bypasses the internal LCD completely rendering useless. No flip or invert for the ol' stage left projector. re-wiring permanently is one easy solution for the poor thing, good idea. Another solution would be to properly use a fully buffered Signal multiplexer like the X-Split, then you could flip the axis on it. Then that may introduce another can of worms. For some reason it likes these XS units just fine. My old LWT6 switch did not play nicely with these for some reason. Also if I daisy chain a LS Pluto to a Kvant Spectrum projector, they both lose signal. Grounding issue? Long live the X-Split. Looking forward to the SW MatILDA 2 !! Oh Well. I had them add a flip switch for $5 custom to my Pluto I before shipping. Wonder if they could add them to the V2. I will ask nicely.

They probably "lose" signal because the interlock loop is interrupted.

I thought the x/y flip on the panel would work even with the ilda cable hooked up? If not then that is disappointing. If it doesn't then you can add your own x/y flip switches. You can wire them yourselves or buy them from Stanwax.

Could be, Hmmm, LOL. Kvant to Kvant works great, Pluto to Pluto works, but Kvant to Pluto... X - wrong combo.

Hi sorry guys am meaning to do a review on this laser. Haven't been on here very much recently. A quick about these units. 1. The shutter is too slow as mentioned above I have removed the paddle until lightspace send me the new shutter
    2. The X/Y flip does work when ILDA is connected the other functions don't tho but it don't bother me as just do that in the software.
    3. I would like if the bracket could be flipped so when I mount on a tripod I can use the front cover as a beam block but this isn't too much of an issue.

For the price of these units I am very impressed and the shows we have done people have really loved them. I will be getting 2 more soon

What do you mean by No.3? The bracket looks like it can be flipped from your pictures by removing and refitting from the bottom, reversing the position of the hex/thumb screws.
    Frikkin Lasers

It might be possible to reuse the stepper as a lumia wheel driver. The current lightspace design for a new shutter uses a new mount for the scanners that integrates the shutter. I am unsure if other changes will need to be made also.

I ordered up a STM32 dev kit so I can play with the controller. The programing header is in place.

How is the Venus for graphics? I am considering picking up a Venus II, but I can't get any beam quality photos from Omar. She says the beam quality is the same as the Pluto. I have seen lots of Pluto's doing beams, but never any graphics. Can anyone comment on the Venus or Pluto spot quality for graphics?