Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Venus 2 From Lightspace

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Ah... we're now in our third thread category.
    You may not be getting many answers because I suspect most people here are not using SD cards and trying to trigger built in cues so, they may not know the answer. Most go with a laser software and hardware solution which, I still maintain that you should be considering. Particularly since this is for the public and you have an obligation to the safety of your patrons to not run a laser at them with a cobbled together hobbyist experiment to save money. I'm glad to see you're considering the Venus II though.
    The answer to 3, I already gave you. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUNY-Stage-L...0AAOSwNSxU9p-f and, you are far better off with the Venus.
    The answer to 4 is (assuming you mean the touchscreen built into the Venus) is yes, you can reduce the brightness with the built in touchscreen.
    Sorry to sound so harsh but, it needs to be emphasized again that, your plan is to put this in a public club that you operate. As a business owner especially, you have an obligation for your patrons safety. The effect of having lasers is not a cheap endeavor. I know it's a lot of rubles but, please make sure you are buying a good projector and using proper laser software since you are using it with the public. Just because the laser is "only going to be used a little bit on Friday and Saturday night so it doesn't have to be reliable" is a bit of a scary proposition. As is trying to experiment with making it work with a solution other than something designed for lasers.
    Just want to see you doing things safely and not find yourself in any trouble. If this were just for your own enjoyment at home, I'd say rock on and experiment, learn and have fun but, since this is in a very small bar, and you've admitted to being confused and somewhat new to everything, you really want to do this the right way.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 08-29-2016 at 15:28.
    PM Sent...

Thank you for answering me Bradfo69

I got an answer by Lightspace, answering to some questions. Yes it's possible to trigger unlimited quantity of .ild files and automatically, I have my dubts about that "unlimited", will check better the manual as soon I can. Yes USB can copy .ild files inside SD.
    I was expecting people here tried, at least once, the SD support.. it's curious at least.. test that and compare with the same .ild file and Software Laser-design with ILDA DAC. About this laser I can find so few benchmark tests and videos, I would evaluate better before spending 1500$+bag and shipment and customs in Russia.

You know I'm evaluating costs try to catch the best quality/proce solution, this lasers looks top quality and has SD+dmx, it will save me from buying external DACS and softwares, that's significant, and I can trig .ild directly from LJ by hardware DMX.. avoiding me difficult solutions to syncronize softwares and develope software staff that at moment doesn't exist (either if I buy Quickshow and DAC there is no way to interface it with LJ because the MIDI control is not developed, run only with strings. There is Sandnet DMX ethernet emoulation.. but I still need more infos about).

About safety I would know also more, I'm going to open a topic (if there isn't one opened already) asking for it based on the experience of users, what should be avoid.

By the time I'm witing with Gary and we're evaluating how develope Spaghetti, thanks to you

Hi guys. Someone knows mayby pinouts on laser driver in venusII? I'll be grateful
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-01-05-014.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	388.0 KB 
ID:	52127
    Last edited by maton; 05-16-2017 at 07:09.

Quote Originally Posted by maton View Post
    Hi guys. Someone knows mayby pinouts on laser driver in venusII? I'll be grateful

BUMP! also looking for this infoz!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by maton View Post

Hmm.
    My lasers (Not from Lightspace) look almost identical as this unit.