Thread: as insert a QuickShow animated sequence?

Default as insert a QuickShow animated sequence?

Hi all, I am new to this forum and am learning to use the program QuickShow, but I have a big question and I wonder if any of you know about this.

I need to import an animation I did, which lasts 1 minute, at 30 frames per second, we're talking about 1800 frames total, but i can not find the option to import the complete sequence to the program. I can do this by importing a frame at a time, but not how to do it with the complete sequence.

if anyone knows the solution I will be really grateful about, Greetings

What format is the animation saved in? Is it stored in a single file/frame or in an entire animation file.

the format used by this program is extension "lds"

finding out from other sources, they said QuickShow and works with extensions to achieve what I want to do down an extension called TraceIt, it downloads the page Pangolin.

Now I downloaded this extention, but not how to install, because when I run nothing happens, only appears a window asking to accept the terms of use and nothing more.

anyone knows if this extention should be installed somehow in specific?

You might want to send a support request directly to Pangolin using the "Contact..." Link from the main Pangolin web page.
    They're usually pretty quick to repond, and can probably get you an answer quicker than here or perhaps evn the Pangolin forum.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

If things are correct, then LDS should be the Lasershow Designer Secure file format -- aka the format that LD2000 uses. That single file should contain the 1800 frames already. If this is the case, then you simply right-click on a cue and say "Import laser frame or animation into the cue" (does like it sounds) and then that should be that. If you want to put it on the timeline, then you just drag and drop that cue to the timeline.

You could also double-click on the timeline which will place an empty event, then right-click on the event and tell it that you want to load frames, etc. etc. and so on.

Please try one of these things. If you continue to have troubles, then you can call us at 1-800-PANGOLIN nearly any time, but Aaron is in from around 9AM until around 5PM eastern time.

Best regards,

William Benner

When using TraceIT, you must have your FB3 hooked up to your PC. If not the program will not start. When done with the tracing, it is just like William describes. My experience with LDS files in QS is that you have to speed up the playback speed significantly, as all animatilons seems to be in sloooooow motion. I have not found any other way to overcome this than to adjust this when placed it in a cue, and leftclick the mouse and choose cue properties/image.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Hi Datsurb,

Thanks for confirming my comments about LDS files and also the other helpful hint.

When you import things, QS makes an assumption about that which is being imported. In most cases, animations are hand-drawn, or derived from another source, and the animations are assumed to have relatively fewer frames per second (someone hand-drawing would not hand-draw 30 frames for only 1 second). So sure, once a 30-FPS animation is imported, you can adjust the properties to speed it up. I'm glad you figure that out!

Bill