Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin is slow at service

Thumbs down Pangolin is slow at service

Hello experts at laser shows,

We had a problem at the Quick show. I sent Pangolin email and post on their website on Monday. They only replied, "Could you take a couple of pictures" I sent videos and no answer till today. 5 days.

k
    I am using FB3QS. When I scan dots on wall, I find that there is a dash after every dot when scanning rate is more than 17Khz ppt. I check the output of the quick show using an oscilliscope and find there is 5us coming-on and shuting-off delay at every signal pulse. I think that is the reason. When the scanning ratio is lower than 17K
    , the dash after dot is not evident. Higher than 17K, there is dash, I can change the transfer point between 1 to 10, the dash can change from behind to both ends to before, but not removed.

Do you have experiences of this problem. Would someone help me to solve it? How should I set the QS?

Thanks in advance.

David

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QQ??20140829221109.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	797.3 KB 
ID:	44579
    Professional manufacturer for High Power DPSS and Diode Lasers.
    1~8W 638nm Red
    1~8W 520nm Green
    1~20W 445/465nm Blue
    3~10W RGB laser
    http://www.lasever.com/
    Email: sales@lasever.com

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hi David,

I have a similar situation with the Pluto projectors from Lightspace that a lot of members here have aquired in the last year. I don't know how much of it is directly related to Quickshow or, how much is simply the quality of your scanners but, what I have found clears the problem up for me is lowering the blanking points from 4 to 3 and then, reducing the scanner speed down to about 22,500. I then get nice sharp dots when displaying fans of beams. The problem only manifests itself with the fans of beams cues and, when you're dealing with beam shows, slowing the scanners to 22,500 really isn't an issue and in some cases can actually improve the perceived brightness of the projector.

It may just be with your scanners that the magic number is 17khz but, you may not have adjusted the blanking point from 4 to 3. If you do that, you may be able to increase your scanner speed.

Just a thought. I mentioned it to some people at the recent SELEM that own Pluto's and they're pleased with the results of the slight adjustment.

~Brad

I check the output of the quick show using an oscilliscope and find there is 5us coming-on and shuting-off delay at every signal pulse.
    Can you explain how you're measuring the input to do the comparison with the output please?

Or do you simply mean that there is a period of 5us between starting to turn on/off and it achieving the end state?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Hi Brad,

I adjusted the color/transfer point. It is the line just below the scanning ratio. The fastest is 17k ppt I can get. The point is about 5or 4.

When going to 20+ k ppt, whatever point 1 to 10, the dash always there, but move from before the dot to both ends to after.

I think the dash is always there. When scanning is slow, the dash is shot, and we divide it to two sides of the dot(5 point). So the dash is not evident.

That is what i measured by oscilloscope. The turning-on/off time is 5 uS. I will post the oscilloscope image.

I think QS was better. But don't know how to set it.
    David

Default Oscilloscope image

Here is the 5 uS that I said. I measured the QS output. It is blanking signal that goes to driver of laser that turns on/off the laser.
    Professional manufacturer for High Power DPSS and Diode Lasers.
    1~8W 638nm Red
    1~8W 520nm Green
    1~20W 445/465nm Blue
    3~10W RGB laser
    http://www.lasever.com/
    Email: sales@lasever.com

There is no image present.
    Regardless, in order to measure a delay, you need to be able to measure output versus input signal. I understand you are measuring the output of the FB3 but how are you measuring the input to the FB3?
    Frikkin Lasers

It is the scanners. They can not handle what you are trying to send with the scan rate. Try sizing down the image, or slowing down the scanners at full angle.

I believe it's an issue with the workspace with certain cues only, and Peiter (master PJ) has the solution.

My Kvant does exactly the same with certain cues.

Ok, is PJ gonna post the solution?

I'm still curious how you measure a delay induced by the FB3 if you can't get at the input directly
    Frikkin Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Ok, is PJ gonna post the solution?
    Yeah I'd like that as I have my own workspace.

He'd posted a standard but modified workspace here originally, but it looks as if it's now been forwarded to Pangolin instead for evaluation:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...question/page2

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I'm still curious how you measure a delay induced by the FB3 if you can't get at the input directly
    I think the issue is in the cue property settings not the hardware or software generally.