Thread: Pangolin Beyond Midi Issue

Default Pangolin Beyond Midi Issue

Im curious if anyone else is having the same issue im having.

On my APC40 my X,Y, and Z rotation pots spaz out like crazy. Every other control surface works just fine.

I have tried to remap the surface with no luck. I even bought a new APC40 thinking mine was faulty. Then I bought a new laptop.

So... New laptop, New APC40, Same issue haha

Ill email pangolin later if they dont respond here

Here is a video showing what is happening

http://s140.photobucket.com/user/uni..._2541.mp4.html
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Hm, no, mine work just fine. Maybe it is something in your workspace? Try reverting to the plain vanilla stock workspace and APC template and see if the problem persists. It almost looks like something is sending back out a different value each time the incoming value arrives.

What build of Beyond and which midi map?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    What build of Beyond and which midi map?
    build 612 and midi map 3.4
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

I'm reading a few threads regarding midi and the published build on the Pango site. Email Pangolin for a later release before you do anything else is my advice.
    There have been quite a few builds since 612
    Frikkin Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    Hm, no, mine work just fine. Maybe it is something in your workspace? Try reverting to the plain vanilla stock workspace and APC template and see if the problem persists. It almost looks like something is sending back out a different value each time the incoming value arrives.
    this would be an absolute nightmare if i had to revert back and rebuild my entire workspace. I have literally MONTHS of work saved, and every factory cue has been modified in some way.
    -dnar

Quote Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
    this would be an absolute nightmare if i had to revert back and rebuild my entire workspace. I have literally MONTHS of work saved, and every factory cue has been modified in some way.
    I think he just meant to revert back for testing. If it does the same thing on your stock workspace you may need the latest build. I agree with norty, I would email Pangolin for the latest build. Lots of bug fixes since 612.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    I think he just meant to revert back for testing. If it does the same thing on your stock workspace you may need the latest build. I agree with norty, I would email Pangolin for the latest build. Lots of bug fixes since 612.
    Yea maybe I'll give that a shot real quick.
    -dnar

Slightly off topic, perhaps, but is there a reason the latest build is not posted? I received 588 in the box, updated to 612, but this is still not current?

My APC 40 does not have the odd behavior in the OP's video and I am running 612 / 3.4 too.

The more recent versions would be considered beta I guess. I would think they're not far off posting a later version to the main site though. 612 has been up a while now.
    Frikkin Lasers