Thread: LSX Install Assistance Please

Default LSX Install Assistance Please

Hi there
    I recently purchased LSX from a forum member...
    After a bit of a wait after it was mailed...the dongle arrived at my doorstep.
    The seller sent me an LSX Install disk iso image which I burned to a dvd.
    I was able to install the disk on my Win8 and Win7 laptops.
    When the dongle in inserted...I start up the program. The light flashes a bit on the dongle...
    I get to the "about LSX" window.
    It shows my serial number...
    Under "Your Software License" it says: None Detected. Please email code and info to ilda.sos.active...
    Number of processors: 2
    Other column has Computer License code: #####
    But when I hit OK...this window goes away but the program never opens!
    Same same on both Win8 and Win7 laptops.
    I am SO Close to getting LSX to work!

Any ideas...suggestions???

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

You need to mail your license code to drlava (not sure which one but better send both). He'll send you a license file back... eventually.

if you got it second hand the original owner will have the activation.lic that is registered to that dongle all you need is that file in the root of lsx

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    if you got it second hand the original owner will have the activation.lic that is registered to that dongle all you need is that file in the root of lsx
    Correct, but the proper way to proceed would be to send the info as requested to DrLava and wait for the license file to be retrieved. This way the license is properly transferred to your name.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

yes, but i would use the license file until drlava transfers it. there's no reason for him to not be able to use it while he waits.

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    Correct, but the proper way to proceed would be to send the info as requested to DrLava and wait for the license file to be retrieved. This way the license is properly transferred to your name.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    I received the complete laser folder from the seller...in it was the activation.lic file.
    Copied to my root folder and I HAVE LSX!
    I messaged the seller to continue to attempt to contact DrLava of course...and give him my email to get My name on the license...
    But I am cooking with gas!
    Hope I will be able to make some serious time this weekend to go over the basics I learned at SELEM (thanks swamidog!)
    Must go view the previous recorded tutorial as well!. Now to seriously work on getting that DAC!
    Thanks for all your responses...and if DrLava ever surfaces...let him know my plight.
    Thanks again!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

kick ass!

there are a lot of us LSX users in the #photonlexicon IRC chat room. hang out with us and we'll try to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    I received the complete laser folder from the seller...in it was the activation.lic file.
    Copied to my root folder and I HAVE LSX!
    I messaged the seller to continue to attempt to contact DrLava of course...and give him my email to get My name on the license...
    But I am cooking with gas!
    Hope I will be able to make some serious time this weekend to go over the basics I learned at SELEM (thanks swamidog!)
    Must go view the previous recorded tutorial as well!. Now to seriously work on getting that DAC!
    Thanks for all your responses...and if DrLava ever surfaces...let him know my plight.
    Thanks again!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.