Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pangolin beyond update?

HI guys,

I just made the official installer and uploaded it. The new build is 660. Available from our normal updates page.

@Norty, I don't know. Derek actually uses his own controller which is totally cool. You'll have to contact him directly about that. I will have him put his name and email in the download link at the portal.

Bill

Is there an ETA on Derek's Workspace Bill?

Yay! Beyond 3D accepts .FBX import with joint and skin deformation animation

Thanks Bill!
    Philipp Wetter

660 fixed my midi issue!
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Sometimes when I install an update the thing crashes and because we are using a modified version of Win 8, I assume it has nothing to do with Pangolin. But this is annoying, only occasional and so I don't relish installing each and every update unless there is a significant (to me) change. For years I have been waiting for a bridge to the other shows posted on Pangolin Show-space. I believe these are compatible with LD 2000. I thought I read somewhere that the newest update contains that bridge. Is this true?

Hi Eric,

Sorry to hear about the troubles. For what it's worth, the last full EXE update to BEYOND was more than six months ago (my how time flies)! The "interim updates" are only a zip file that contains the main EXE. I am sure dragging and dropping from a zip file won't mess with your Windows 8.

Regarding the bridge, we abandoned it in the same way the "bridge to nowhere" project was abandoned when Sarah Palin became governor of Alaska But unlike the American political mumbo-jumbo, we replaced the bridge with something better -- direct import of LD2000 shows! I demonstrated this at SELEM and there are several PL members who are using this now.

This is still in development, but we're making progress on it every day. If you want to use this feature, just send me your license file and I will update it and send it back.

Bill

Hey,

I just saw that pangolin includes a blanking optimisation function in the frame edit section. Thanks for that! After 3d rendering this optimisation helps a lot to reduce flickering and unnecessary blanking jumps!

Thanks

Thomas