Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ildaGen - ILDA file creation tool

Just wanted to say, man, your program is ultra impressive and gets better all the time...

If no one else says anything to you, just know I've enjoyed this and hopefully you see LOTS of abundant cash for your long hours and hard work...

@VibrationsOfDoom: Thanks, man, that is great to hear

With the current price I certainly don't make a lot of money, at least not considering the time spent. But that's okay, because I'm actually enjoying working on this program very much, and it's highly educational too. I'd probably even do it for free

@james: Thanks again for letting me use the font files I am very grateful, as I am sure the users are too

I was thinking, would it be possible to create some font files for different alphabets too? Like maybe russian, japanese hiragana/katakana, western special letters like ß, Æ, Ø, Å, etc.

They are obviously not in the ASCII set though, so maybe it's not easily possible. I wouldn't know what number codes the characters would be assigned. What do you think?

-----------

Let me share some of the long term plans I have. Keep in mind this is many months away though, if it even happens at all.

I have been thinking of at some point splitting ildagen into two different tiers. One will be like a "lite"-version or something, for making individual frames and animations. Like the program is right now, but will of course continue to have features added etc. Then I hope to make a sort of "full" version, which will be a bit higher priced than the lite version, but will be a full show-creation program, with timelines and layers and music syncing, the works, so that one could make complex, proper shows.

I also have an idea for innovation which I think can make a drastic impact on the work and difficulty required to create a show. It involves some pretty fancy technology, not yet used in the laser field by anyone, as far as I know. But I'll keep the details a secret for now. Unfortunately I will probably not be able to start experimenting with this until December or even after New Years, so don't hold your breath for more information just yet.

I am also thinking of submitting ildagen to the ILDA technical awards next year. But that's like 5 months away so we'll see. Even if I am clearly an amateur underdog it would be pretty fun to enter I think.
    Last edited by Grix; 11-16-2014 at 09:15.

The first alternate character set I would like to develop would be Cyrillic. For some reason LaserBoy seems to be popular with Russian speaking people.

I'm not sure how I would do that, but I image there must be a straight forward way to do it.

At the moment, it's all Greek to me..... uh, wait, that's yet another character set!

James.
    Last edited by james; 11-16-2014 at 19:48.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Way to go, James- for finding a way to hijack a thread and showing the rest of us how it's done...

Happy 50th old man!

Sorry Grix! LOL!

Happy burp-day James... Cool to see your code being incorporated into ildagen...

It blows me away and I'm extremely humbled by people who can write software... "Hey, can you put in XXX feature?" "Oh, yeah, hang on... Hours later, update 1.2.X appears."

I played around with the newest version... I had an idea to use the Intellivision logo and have intellivision characters flying across the screen for some time... LOVE the importing of ild format 0 and 1, which is what bmp2ild works with... Intellivision logo came up as I created it and looks awesome... Gonna have to start making the flying robots, running man and other things... Now we're gonna have to create a forum post or space on the ftp for ildagen creations... Hopefully I'll be able to contribute one of the first pieces...

It's not my code. It's just a way to get fonts into frames.
    Last edited by james; 11-16-2014 at 20:09.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    @VibrationsOfDoom: Thanks, man, that is great to hear

With the current price I certainly don't make a lot of money, at least not considering the time spent. But that's okay, because I'm actually enjoying working on this program very much, and it's highly educational too. I'd probably even do it for free

@james: Thanks again for letting me use the font files I am very grateful, as I am sure the users are too

I was thinking, would it be possible to create some font files for different alphabets too? Like maybe russian, japanese hiragana/katakana, western special letters like ß, Æ, Ø, Å, etc.

They are obviously not in the ASCII set though, so maybe it's not easily possible. I wouldn't know what number codes the characters would be assigned. What do you think?

-----------

Let me share some of the long term plans I have. Keep in mind this is many months away though, if it even happens at all.

I have been thinking of at some point splitting ildagen into two different tiers. One will be like a "lite"-version or something, for making individual frames and animations. Like the program is right now, but will of course continue to have features added etc. Then I hope to make a sort of "full" version, which will be a bit higher priced than the lite version, but will be a full show-creation program, with timelines and layers and music syncing, the works, so that one could make complex, proper shows.

I also have an idea for innovation which I think can make a drastic impact on the work and difficulty required to create a show. It involves some pretty fancy technology, not yet used in the laser field by anyone, as far as I know. But I'll keep the details a secret for now. Unfortunately I will probably not be able to start experimenting with this until December or even after New Years, so don't hold your breath for more information just yet.

I am also thinking of submitting ildagen to the ILDA technical awards next year. But that's like 5 months away so we'll see. Even if I am clearly an amateur underdog it would be pretty fun to enter I think.
    You Go Dude! I believe I was an early adopter...because any new method of creation in the Laser world is welcome and I believe in supporting in whatever small way I can.

I have Quickshow which allows creation of many things Your program does...but for a Much higher entry price!

I encourage you to progress and show the world your talent...and make some profit as you go.

I personally believe you have surpassed the "beginner" priced version of your software a few versions ago.

And Do submit your software to ILDA...because you have/will enable a multitude of beginners to break into the creation end of this wild world.

I hope someone, with your blessing, does create a IldGen file repository for sharing. Because this will spread the word of your software And talents...and who knows where this will take you...

Forever in Awe...
    Rodney D.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrationsOfDoom View Post
    Now we're gonna have to create a forum post or space on the ftp for ildagen creations...
    Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    I hope someone, with your blessing, does create a IldGen file repository for sharing. Because this will spread the word of your software And talents..
    That would be cool

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I have been so swamped recently I haven't done anything with this since the first couple days it came out. It's going to be pretty cool to get the latest version and see what all you have managed to add. Sounds like it's becoming quite the program.

The biggest thing for me is the addition of ild format 0 and 1 files... This is HUGE for me because now I can incorporate those images and creations I made with bmp2ild and get animated... The other huge thing is being able to put anything ANYWHERE within the amount of frames you have, and not just placed at the beginning... HUGE improvements...