Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ildaGen - ILDA file creation tool

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Started playing with it a few minutes ago (and I see where to put the license key - thanks for the reply.) Neat piece of software and I hope to spend some time tonight playing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Are you familiar with the smart-snap-points as used by most modern cad programs, also sketshup ?
    If you move the mouse close to a point that is a;
    Midpoint, endpoint, center of an object, intersection of two objects, special points on a circle, at multiple lengths of a line, etc;
    it is automatically recognized as a snappoint.
    If you were to implement this it would be an laser industry-premier afaik.

Here at home win7-32bit, no problems, except the drawing area is not redrawn/updated when I restore it from the taskbar.

The winXp error might be due to some corporate voodoo invoked on the my documents folder @ work.
    I have used sketchup briefly and I know what you mean. This is do-able, but it might take some time. Some snap points like the end and start of objects are probably easy, but others, like intersections etc will require some work. I will probably not have it ready for the next version, but it's on the agenda now.

New version!

New features / bug fixes:
    - Radial grid (Press R)
    - Window is resizeable (Press N to restore aspect ratio and M to reset size)
    - Number of overlapping points per dot is adjustable
    - Changed some terminology
    - Fixed things not drawing after minimizing and restoring
    - Fixed snapping to start of element not working when onion skinning is enabled
    - Fixed proper format declaration in null header
    - Easier frame cycling
    - Number of points in the frame now shown
    - List of keyboard controls visible when hovering over the help button
    - Various misc. adjustments and fixes and maybe something else I'm forgetting
    Last edited by Grix; 09-24-2014 at 23:38.

An excellent product; purchased yesterday.

If you're after more user experience + suggestions: (V0.9.2)
    - If I maximise, manually resize or adjust the window in any way, it crashes (WinXP x86).
    - Is there any way of adding a visualisation to the frames from a point source? i.e. similar to your second ILD example.

Keep up the good work!
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

I am sure Al will soon be giving people advice on using this........ Oh no wait, it's not Pango or Kvant is it! Bugger
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    I am sure Al will soon be giving people advice on using this........ Oh no wait, it's not Pango or Kvant is it! Bugger
    It doesn't cost more than $500 so how could it possibly be good!

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    An excellent product; purchased yesterday.

If you're after more user experience + suggestions: (V0.9.2)
    - If I maximise, manually resize or adjust the window in any way, it crashes (WinXP x86).
    - Is there any way of adding a visualisation to the frames from a point source? i.e. similar to your second ILD example.

Keep up the good work!
    Thank you! Certainly keep the suggestions and feedback coming!

The crash is probably related to the minimize/restore error message bart reported... He also used XP. It may have something to do with the OS, or it may have something to do with the (probably old) hardware. May I ask what you computer specs are? Particularly the graphics card.

Visualization like in the second example is definitely going to be added at some point. Maybe in the next update.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I seem to be having an issue. When I try to create a frame, when I go to export it to ILDA, the only thing saved is the first item drawn. Say for example, I draw a green circle on the left hand side of the window and then, change color and draw a red circle in the right hand side of the window. Then switch to sine wave and blue and, stretch it across the bottom half of the frame. Then go to export them all as a frame and call it "test1.ild". When I then open it in a cue in Quickshow, the only thing that shows up is the green circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I seem to be having an issue. When I try to create a frame, when I go to export it to ILDA, the only thing saved is the first item drawn. Say for example, I draw a green circle on the left hand side of the window and then, change color and draw a red circle in the right hand side of the window. Then switch to sine wave and blue and, stretch it across the bottom half of the frame. Then go to export them all as a frame and call it "test1.ild". When I then open it in a cue in Quickshow, the only thing that shows up is the green circle.
    Huh.. That is strange. I am not able to reproduce the problem. Did it just happen one time or every time? Have you tried opening it in other viewers? Does the number or points reported in the exporting message agree with the number of points reported by the number in the corner of the viewer?

Do you mind uploading the ilda file for me to take a look?

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    May I ask what you computer specs are? Particularly the graphics card.
    Intel Core2Duo, Intel Mobile Express 965 Graphics chipset.

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    Visualization like in the second example is definitely going to be added at some point. Maybe in the next update.
    Excellent, I look forward to it.

I can't believe how much functionality you get for so few £
    Keep up the good work.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -