Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New line of laser diode drivers from 1A to 60A portable and stage ones

0tht3r,
    These are very exciting products. I ceased to develop some DPSS lasers because the drivers and the temperature controllers were either too feeble or way too expensive. There were no options available. You seem to be releasing and improving these controllers at a daily rate. I believe you will receive a great deal of interest here. Good luck!

PM sent. I think I have interest in several of these.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Thank you very much Planters! The TEC driver is using Atmega 8 which is not very expensive, actually the most expensive are potentiometers comparing to other elements. I don't want to use simple trimmers because they are not very good quality. I also changed the trimmer in the micro version to the Bourns (brand) 1k ohm one. The micro trimmers with resistive film outside are not best option I think.

If you have ideas how to improve the products juest let me know. I'm adding things quite fast because I ordered the prototype PCB with several projects in one. Then we will have a rest. My newest product will be 3W RGB laser and it will be done in a few days or even today, depanding on the time schedule.

Probably some of you checked the website on watermark. Remember that prices on the website are not fixed. Once - I can give personal discount and second I'm not sure of all prices because as you mentioned there are not many similar products. So what should be the price? Market will tell

Vidal Wolf - please check your answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mateusz
    Opt Lasers Poland Team manager
    Tomorrow's System LTD
    http://optlasers.com

Hello Guys,

Today I ended 3W RGB module with red beam correction.
    It is using three channel driver with softstart, TEC is not yet applied.
    Driver is powered from 7,5V MeanWell PSU.

The base plate is made from aluminium it was small mistake when we were ordering parts. Anyway I wanted to try it out. For sure it is too soft comparing to the mirror mounts but heat transfer is almost the same for alu and brass.
    All is fixed with superglue after adjustion process.

What do you think? Is it worth producing this kind of modules? I can easily change elements and diodes.
    This RGB module was quite cheap in production (not including 1W 520nm diode of course because it doesn't have any case. TEC can be easily added under the baseplate and can be powered from the same PSU. 8,5V 13A TEC are available for example.

It is using:
    1600mW 445nm Osram
    1000mW 520nm Nichia
    700mW 638nm Oclaro

The output power is 3000mW without TEC cooling.
    The divergence is around 2,2mrad at full angle.

Here is the build:

Beam spot at 10 meter distance:
    Mateusz
    Tomorrow's System LTD

I think you would do well to offer these modules, but you should perform the beam correction and get the beams down to the 1mrad level. Then you will exceed the lower quality CN modules and set yourself apart.

And whats the nearfield beam data? 6mm?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I think you would do well to offer these modules, but you should perform the beam correction and get the beams down to the 1mrad level. Then you will exceed the lower quality CN modules and set yourself apart.
    I don,t agree, Better beamspecs will not set yourself apart unless its dirt cheap. We have a perfect example of it in the netherlands The low end market does only beamshows and low divergence is less important. Cheap is nessesary since the Lowend market doesn,t make enhough money with doing shows. They are not going to invest allot of money because they can,t or won,t. They buy it as a toy to make a few hunderd bucks on a saterday night and want to be on stage to show off. Cheap always sell no matter how bad the quallity is. Second, the majority here can build that himself with parts for Dave so there is no profit for OPT. This is also the reason why Mixedgas doesn,t sell drivers, no profit to give service and warrenty

The high end market wants super thight beam to do both graphics and have the max brightness. They also demand good service, warrenty and that i can be delivered the next day.

Just my 2 cents......

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

I strongly disagree with edison. Better beam specs with these diodes are not difficult and will set you apart from the low end market. The price is of course important and if the better beams were significantly more expense to achieve then he would have a point and you would need to analyze the trade off in price for quality. You'll be able to produce a lot of improvement with three pairs of cylinder lenses and you can easily determine how much that would add to your cost if purchased in some quantity as well as the added effort to align and the additional base plate area that is required. But, that's it. You might offer two versions. One with a smaller, less expensive and lower quality beam that with it's smaller near field beam size will fit a smaller and faster scanner and the larger, more expensive, higher quality module for graphics that might require larger aperture scanner mirrors.

Yes the output beam is <6mm heigh. Blue and green are around 2-3mm width and the red one is 6mm width.

Yes, I would like to aim 1 mrad divergence but this model I wanted to be quite simple and cheap. I can correct this one into almost 1 mrad but the red is becoming very wide ad close distance - around 10mm so I need to do it different way.

You are right Edison that someone can just build the module himself but it is not the reason not to buy If someone doesn't have time for example.

Exactly panters, I would like to have several types which are cheaper or more expensive. Soon I will have my own mill machine so it will be much easier.
    Mateusz
    Tomorrow's System LTD

Oh, and another point. Your drivers are your strength and with them you could also set yourself apart by producing large beam modules with VERY HIGH powers. There is a lack of drivers that allow such arrays to be easily assembled. 5-20 W modules would get a lot of attention.

I think you would do better with the Mitsu red diodes and a 6mm near field with a 2.2mrad divergence is wider than I would expect, even with the Oclaro's. Maybe you could PM me and discuss this.