Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Projector Taking Shape...

Projector is looking good Jem!
    I'm using an alu basplate that came out of a Carl Zeiss lab, its huge and weights 12kg I'm sure its a great heatsink and that it won't warp!
    It will be OK for the prototype (got it for free).

You have inspired me! I picked up a 13"x13"x.5" aluminum plate today instead of going with .25" thick. Can't wait to get back into the garage and start milling and drilling. I have all the hardware I need now (but leaving room to drop in a blue laser someday). Next I'll work on software... not as fun but it's free and I don't get dirty!

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    You have inspired me! I picked up a 13"x13"x.5" aluminum plate today instead of going with .25" thick. Can't wait to get back into the garage and start milling and drilling. I have all the hardware I need now (but leaving room to drop in a blue laser someday). Next I'll work on software... not as fun but it's free and I don't get dirty!
    It's <err...> great fun drilling all them holes, they sure add up, I think I'm up at around 60 so far !

I eventually ended up using Cobalt drills which made the process somewhat easier.

I'm going to have to re-drill the holes for the X/Y Galvo controllers, as was pointed out earlier, it will make things easier to adjust if they're pointing outwards.

Are you writing your own software, if so what language are you using. I 'dabble' a bit with VB6 and .Net, but i'm not sure i'd want to attempt writing my own laser show software

Glad we've inspired you, don't forget to post some piccies

Jem

I'm writing my software in C# fot the most part. It will support the Popelscan DAC as well as sound cards.

Talking

I am so loving this thread!
    It's like the best how to manual ever because its written by the whole community here!~

WOW!
    Have a good one -

Matt

This is how I put up all the lasers on the 1/2" plateThere is a .060"shim under 532 unit and a .090" shim under 473 unit. Arctic silver used and no thermal issues to speak of
    There is a .372" piece af T-6 alu under the 2 MaXYZ units.............
    Last edited by MechEng3; 04-16-2007 at 16:08.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

After spending all morning building the power supply I hooked it up reverse polarity and blew it up --piss. I'm glad I ordered extra parts.

But at least I got to watch a nice snow while I was re-building
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apr14573.JPG  

Apr15592.JPG