Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeler for Eightonlight XMass Special GB

Mandy told me they cannot upgrade the Venus II 2.9 to a 462, since it is an all in one design. Nothing wrong with the 445 in that configuration at that power level. In fact you might want to trim it down a bit for better color balance. That's my .02 for now.

Sorry, I just saw this thread, do your guys like 445nm 1.6watt or 1.2watt 462nm better in Venus II ?

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Sorry, I just saw this thread, do your guys like 445nm 1.6watt or 1.2watt 462nm better in Venus II ?
    based on my experience, the 462 is a *much* nicer wavelength. i strongly recommend going with it.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I second the motion, after testing the 462, this is hands down the way to go!!! PLEASE offer this in the Venus II and fix the shutter and I will buy a 6 pack of these!!!!

make sure to request the 3 pack flight case....

What is defined as "legally import"

Just let me know if any interest of the the Venus II models with 462nm blue, I will add them to the list if more customers like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Just let me know if any interest of the the Venus II models with 462nm blue, I will add them to the list if more customers like it.
    Omar - I sent you an email about this. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    based on my experience, the 462 is a *much* nicer wavelength. i strongly recommend going with it.
    could not disagree more, 445 gives you a much wider color pallet... I saw a bunch of 445 462 projectors next to each other at SELEM and I would much rather have 445 than 462... ideally you would have both though

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    could not disagree more, 445 gives you a much wider color pallet... I saw a bunch of 445 462 projectors next to each other at SELEM and I would much rather have 445 than 462... ideally you would have both though
    my eyes can't focus on 445. it's fine for beams maybe, but i can't stand it for graphics and abstracts.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I've got to agree with Frank on this one. While I prefer the color of 462 by itself (and of course 473), not having 445 is limiting so, unless you have both in a projector, I'd go straight 445 rather than just 462. The white is so much nicer with 445.