Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help !!! Need convert Show (quickshow) to ild for mamba black

I know what you guys mean... I have uploaded a few shows myself, even though no complicated animations and what not... Saw the newest creation get a few hundred views, and so far only one person said anything... Lotta greedy grab asses on here... Still would like to see some feedback on the newest videogame ild show I did...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by VibrationsOfDoom View Post
    and so far only one person said anything... Lotta greedy grab asses on here... Still would like to see some feedback on the newest videogame ild show I did...
    Please keep in mind that while I am a greedy grab ass on here, I don't always have time to watch the shows immediately after downloading. I'm usually on my work computer when I access PL and download them to that. Then they need to be transferred to an external hard drive for movement to the laser laptops, then I have to find spare time to set up a projector just for the sake of watching something and often then, I don't even remember I downloaded it. I do try to comment and thank though once that rare moment has a chance to happen. I don't however think I downloaded your show yet. There is that set of kids Beyond cues I haven't gotten either.

Hi Steve I would be happy to buy shows off you just get a paypal account and Ill buy it. Send me your pay pal account Beyond beam shows are rare and so are Graphic shows.... Christmas is coming up soon Email me and Ill Share you some great new Christmas animations I have... thanks for all your hard work Mate......
    Photonlexicon FTP Server.

I know what you guys mean... I have uploaded a few shows myself, even though no complicated animations and what not... Saw the newest creation get a few hundred views, and so far only one person said anything... Lotta greedy grab asses on here... Still would like to see some feedback on the newest videogame ild show I did...
    Dude -
    If you're referring to uploads on THIS forum, you should realize that the number of views of a particular thread does NOT equate to actual downloads of your attachment.
    Since you (still fairly new) seem to so quickly want to refer to our collective group as greedy grab-asses, here's some straight forward food for thought ~
    Perhaps your particular subject matter for your creations doesn't appeal to a wider audience, and on viewing your post readers realize they're not really interested in the content.

Keep in mind that a LOT of the regular members here have been sharing / creating / viewing laser-related files for a long time.
    If they / we see something interesting and notable, a comment will be posted accordingly.

Lack of comments doesn't necessarily mean it's no good, just that your subject matter limits who might be interested.

If you need to be thanked for everything, don't openly post it -
    Only share with folks via a PM so comments can be exchanged that way.

And everything Brad said, too...

And sorry for the thread deter...
    Last edited by Stuka; 11-13-2014 at 09:18.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I wasn't gonna say anything, AGAIN, but I might like to point out something a user said recently...

>>Beyond beam shows are rare and so are Graphic shows....

Hmmm... Due to the attitudes of some on here I'm not really surprised...

But it does seem like a majority of the users, especially one time posters, ask and grab, ask and grab, or just get ignored (as some who do not contribute probably SHOULD be).
    That being said, I understand some users are busy. I ALSO understand the time factors involved for people who have lives, kids, work, etc...
    MY second show was put up almost a whole month before I even said anything... Maybe I should just withdraw from this forum and take my business elsewhere, since it doesn't seem like my contributions are appreciated...

Thanks for the software and the help, to those who don't obviously have a stuck up, snobby attitude... I will be in contact with those very few individuals. The rest of you, probably won't see me up around here anymore...

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

....The rest of you, probably won't see me up around here anymore...
    Those who intend to leave just do so, quietly and with dignity.
    Those who want to be a drama queen and hope that everyone begs them to stay always post this kind of drivel.
    And then hang around in the background anyway.
    So sad ..........

That took entirely too much Googling to sort out.

Wink ROFLOL!

Quote Originally Posted by djmandio View Post
    Hi Karancho! it seems that if your boss were to access this site by accident, and sees that the show he needed by today 5:00 o clock isnt ready yet when he`s meeting the couple to show your lovely work he`d probably kick your ass so hard that youŽll learn english by osmosis.

PS. IŽm his boss!
    Ahahahahahaha! PRICELESS.. We've all heard of 'Fired for my FB-post', but.. Haven't yet run-across a 'Pulverized for my PL-post' yet, LOL.. Sorry, Karuncho.. this may help..

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Lol... I shoulda realized trolls jump at the opportunity to flame people...

People who have contributed to this forum DESERVE recognition and respect for their hard work. What do you think drives these individuals to do what they do? If I was one of those greedy grab asses I would have to acknowledge "I" was part of the problem...

Having my girlfriend in the hospital for two days has NOT helped my mood any these last few days...

But I won't sit here and use that as an excuse... Forums like these bring out the elitist, snotty attitude that makes me fucking ANGRY... I don't run around here acting like I'm better than anyone else... When I first came in here, I was grabbin' and downloading too... And I'm sure there's still a TON of people doing that, mainly because they probably don't know how to create animation and what not... BUT, that being said I have been trying to give back... Sharing what I've learned and figured out along the way. I've gotten some great help and advice from people in here, and I thank them publicly NOW for that....

But the rest of you, there's no need for being snobby... EVERYONE was in a position once where they had really nothing to offer in here and probably got laughed at for asking for something, or help with something... I see it all the time. Some guy with bad english says "sorry for my bad english, I need an .ild file for a wedding in two days," or "I need a corporate logo for an event," etc... And then of course you see the usual condescending tone, which I WILL ADMIT, in some cases is warranted. In some other posts, the guy's request is completely ignored... So I have to wonder when I come in here and there hasn't been any replies to posts made only a few weeks ago, WHY there isn't more activity in the forums... Maybe because potential new laser people have the POTENTIAL to become laser enthusiasts get turned away because they're ridiculed, or completely and totally ignored...

I wanna be one of the ones contributing... If it wasn't for James and his LaserBoy software, I wouldn't have been able to do simple format conversions. He spent a LOT of time going over and over instructions that didn't seem to be working, only to realize his code needed a little tweaking. So in a way, I helped HIM a tiny bit as well... And for the first time, I understand James' frustration over the .ild "format wars." Here is a man doing what he can to a small and obviously struggling laser community and all I hear is "dude, let it go..." Way to kill passion in a person... And the guy who brought about the ildagen software!! Damn if that isn't a great program worth easily double, no, quadruple the price he's asking... And Buffo, who has gone beyond his time frame and schedule to answer all my questions... Plus, without a few others, I might not have a good quality laser... See, this all started with me just trying to find out some info on this cheap little Spencer laser machine, and turned into something more... Glad I didn't run into the trolls early on or I might have been out the door...

All I'm saying is, forget about being "bullied" or "cyber bullied," or whatever. Before you decide to show off how "snide" you can be, THINK about why you're saying what you're saying, especially to someone new to this community. Yeah, someone asking the same things over and over, maybe they ARE just being asshats... But those of us who are trying to do something positive here... I dunno... It's late and I'm tired... I think we all just want to be respected and treated with some decency. Yeah, my creations aren't as flashy or as fancy as Milan's or the other guy who does this amazing LSX creations, but I hope to someday BE... And I see those guys with pages and pages of thank yous and "yeah those are great," which is as it SHOULD be... Are we more interested in helping others or just trying to be elitist and funny...

Not sure where the drama came from, threatening to leave a forum is usually a last resort after a LOT of drama, and I'm only sensing a little whiff here.
    I wonder if your current situation is making you more sensitive than usual. From my perspectuive, you got the standard response to someone saying 'I'm outta here' on a forum.

People who have contributed to this forum DESERVE recognition and respect for their hard work. What do you think drives these individuals to do what they do? If I was one of those greedy grab asses I would have to acknowledge "I" was part of the problem...
    I think people's decision to share is entirely down to them, but expecting recognition for it may well be where its going wrong for you.

I've shared very little content, but the bit that i have has been done under no misapprehension that it'll even be acknowledged, let alone critiqued. I just thought it might make an interesting curiosity for some folks. Thus is the nature of the internet.

Are we more interested in helping others or just trying to be elitist and funny...
    Did you not get the memo? Turns out the internet is a game, and there will be a winner

It's late and I'm tired
    In the words of your mother - "Get to bed! The drama will still be there when you wake up."
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.