Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dinner get-together in Orlando April 21st.

Hi Fred;

6 PM works for me. How about you Bill? (And you Paul...)

Adam

PS: Sorry Zoof! Would have been great if you could have made it though. (Will you be back in the US again anytime this year?)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Hi Fred;

6 PM works for me. How about you Bill? (And you Paul...)

Adam

PS: Sorry Zoof! Would have been great if you could have made it though. (Will you be back in the US again anytime this year?)
    Adam, What`s the latest on dinner? When and where are we meeting?
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Cool

Hi Fred;

I've been trying to get in touch with Bill to work out the details, but he's been out of the office. I'll post again later today, once I talk to him.

I should be leaving Charleston Thursday afternoon, but I can be reached on my cell anytime.

Adam

Thumbs up details for dinner gathering on Saturday, April 21st...

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I might not be able to log in again before I leave. I'll be leaving for Florida tomorrow sometime between noon and 4 PM, but I'll have my cell phone with me so anyone can reach me if needed.

I called Bill at Pangolin, and he's all for the dinner gathering. He was going to call the two places that were close to the Pangolin office (Fishbone's and Vito's) and see if either one of them would take reservations or at least call-ahead seating. Bill will post the restaurant of choice later...

Fred had a good idea; we could meet at the Pangolin office and then all travel as a group to the restaurant. (I think just about everyone that is planning to attend already knows how to get to the Pangolin office!) Then too, it has the advantage of being *really easy* to get to if you're on the Turnpike.

Whatcha think, Bill? Will that work for you? Also - what time is best? I know that Fred will be able to be there anytime after 6:00 PM. What time works for you Bill?

Adam

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

I am five minutes from these restaurants. Just let me know which one and I will go there directly.
    go big or go home

Hi guys,

Lets figure on Fishbones. I still haven't made reservations but we eat there pretty often and there is a girl there who can usually get me in on a moment's notice. Lets plan on 7:30.

Information about the restaurant can be found here:
    http://www.fishbonesrestaurants.com/

It's the "downtown Orlando" location, although it's not really near downtown...

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Hi guys,

Lets figure on Fishbones. I still haven't made reservations but we eat there pretty often and there is a girl there who can usually get me in on a moment's notice. Lets plan on 7:30.

Information about the restaurant can be found here:
    http://www.fishbonesrestaurants.com/

It's the "downtown Orlando" location, although it's not really near downtown...

Bill

Sounds good see you all there.

Smile Laser & America Lover

Hello to every one in North America, and especially in Florida !
    First, I hope you will forgive me if my post is not exactly at the right place...and if my English is maybe not so good or -worse- not easily understandingable.
    I live in Paris, France.

Yet, I just feel comfortable reading posts from your places...and moreover about Laser !

As a matter of fact I really love US & Canada.
    I used to go in North America every year from 1997 to 2004 (my honeymoon summer !) but not anymore since beacause of money lack ;-( !
    We have been always so very nicely welcome & treated in US (even if we were told we would not because of the French politics) that, in case we would have to move (especially because of 'social' situation here...by the way, we have to vote for first tour of Presidential election today) I would love to settle in North America...And we just miss "American Way of Life"

Our last trip was Paris -> Philly (stop to visit for 10 days Washington DC + NewYork + Philly) -> Miami (where I meet, while attending to their nice PinkFloyd Laser & Planetarium Show, Mark Bennett [Planetarium Operations Manager - Miami Museum of Science & Planetarium]) - Fort Lauderdale (where we had to evacuate because of Hurricane) - Orlando (we stayed for 2d time at Wellesley Inn facing Wet'n'Wild lake) where we enjoyed (once again ;-)) Universal Studios, Wet'n'Wild, Sea World (a pity no more Aqua & Laser show)...

I did not know that Pangolin HQ were in Orlando : I'm so disappointed no to take a chance to visit them

Hope we can stay in touch !...and that you would agree me (and my wife) to participate at a next meetings as soon as we can come.

Best regards,
    André
    PS : I hope one day I could afford, as Laser Hobbyist, a Pangolin System ! If you hear about a "second hand" Pangolin, please think about me

Quote Originally Posted by andre92150 View Post
    Hello to every one in North America, and especially in Florida !
    First, I hope you will forgive me if my post is not exactly at the right place...and if my English is maybe not so good or -worse- not easily understandingable.
    I live in Paris, France.

Yet, I just feel comfortable reading posts from your places...and moreover about Laser !

As a matter of fact I really love US & Canada.
    I used to go in North America every year from 1997 to 2004 (my honeymoon summer !) but not anymore since beacause of money lack ;-( !
    We have been always so very nicely welcome & treated in US (even if we were told we would not because of the French politics) that, in case we would have to move (especially because of 'social' situation here...by the way, we have to vote for first tour of Presidential election today) I would love to settle in North America...And we just miss "American Way of Life"

Our last trip was Paris -> Philly (stop to visit for 10 days Washington DC + NewYork + Philly) -> Miami (where I meet, while attending to their nice PinkFloyd Laser & Planetarium Show, Mark Bennett [Planetarium Operations Manager - Miami Museum of Science & Planetarium]) - Fort Lauderdale (where we had to evacuate because of Hurricane) - Orlando (we stayed for 2d time at Wellesley Inn facing Wet'n'Wild lake) where we enjoyed (once again ;-)) Universal Studios, Wet'n'Wild, Sea World (a pity no more Aqua & Laser show)...

I did not know that Pangolin HQ were in Orlando : I'm so disappointed no to take a chance to visit them

Hope we can stay in touch !...and that you would agree me (and my wife) to participate at a next meetings as soon as we can come.

Best regards,
    André
    PS : I hope one day I could afford, as Laser Hobbyist, a Pangolin System ! If you hear about a "second hand" Pangolin, please think about me

Next time your in the US let us know we would be glad to meet you.

Smile re: dinner in Orlando

Hey guys!

I had a great time on Saturday at Fishbones. It was great seeing everyone again. A *big* thanks to Bill Benner for treating us to a rightous dinner.

André;

Welcome to the PhotonLexicon forums! Glad to have you here. If you do plan another trip to the United States, be sure to let us know in advance... We might be able to set up a meeting.

As far as your desire to own a Pangolin system, have you seen the discussion of the new Pangolin LA Freak hobbyist system? This product is still in development (they are modifying the software), but you can order it right now for $500. This includes the Flashback 3 hardware controller *and* the software you need to run it. (When the new software is finished, you will be able to upgrade from the current version for free.)

Check out the thread; there's a lot of good information in there (and some links to more information about the software itself). It might be just what you're looking for.

Adam