Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Looking to loose the ADAT FB3?

Just so happens that I found one about a year ago that had never been used… bought it as soon as I saw it, haven't used it yet, wanna buy it? it has the LD2000 card in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    wasn't there something like a Pangolin CD2000? was a standalone box with a cd-rom and an LD2k PCI card that could playback shows? I wonder if any of those still exist in the wild, never seen one personally

/edit

yep found it

http://www.pangolin.com/LD2000/cd2000player.htm

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post

@Bradfo69 All you needed to do was turn down the gain on X and Y in the correction amp. Gain and offset is what the correction amp does.
    Yes but.... who knew?

I might be mistaken, but I believe I read that you own a LaserBoy DAC built by me.

If you look at the root of http://laserboy.org you will see my full name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. My Skype contact is part of my PL profile. You can PM me here. I also maintain The LaserBoy Forum.

I'm not saying you should have contacted me. But you certainly could have. I'm usually very enthusiastic about helping people properly use the technologies that I am associated with.

That goes for everyone.

Even you, Steve.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    Just so happens that I found one about a year ago that had never been used… bought it as soon as I saw it, haven't used it yet, wanna buy it? it has the LD2000 card in it.
    don't worry brad will buy it

but ya I probably can't afford it right now, bought a bunch of lasers to refub some projectors that have been sitting on the "todo" pile

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I might be mistaken, but I believe I read that you own a LaserBoy DAC built by me.

If you look at the root of http://laserboy.org you will see my full name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. My Skype contact is part of my PL profile. You can PM me here. I also maintain The LaserBoy Forum.

I'm not saying you should have contacted me. But you certainly could have. I'm usually very enthusiastic about helping people properly use the technologies that I am associated with.

That goes for everyone.

Even you, Steve.

James.
    Thanks James. I was using 300Evil's Audiolase though. Yes, I do have one of your LaserBoy DAC's but, I don't event think it's been out of the package it was shipped to me in yet. It was part of another purchase of some shows on wav's and got thrown in.

I tech supported 300evil on making his own correction amp from protoboard. Back then the 8 channel CM6206 was not out yet and he used the 6 channel CM106L based sound card. It's exactly Dean Hammonds' (dchammonds) original schematic and parts values, using a 5.1V Zener diode as the source of negative offset voltage. After he got a prototype working, he made that kit amp. It's nice. I like the built-in ILDA port. But the pots turn backwards. Oh well. It does the job.

http://laserboy.org/p_laserboy_95.html

It can only compensate for DC offset voltages around +2.5V or so.

The LaserBoy DAC that you have yet to use is almost positively made from the little green PC board that drlava fabricated. I did the parts layout and trace routing in CAD DXF and sent that to him. He made the circuit CAD files and had it made. It uses a fixed -5V regulator for the offset voltage source (in the kit). I modified some of them to work with the CM6206 sound card by adding a variable negative voltage regulator and a trim pot to adjust it.

The CM6206 has a DC offset of only about +1.3V.

There are some LaserBoy DACs out there that I made from scratch on protoboard, using the CM6206 sound card.

The kits I have now are different parts values for much better control over fine tuning the offset voltage and more gain on the op-amps. There is also a variable negative voltage regulator to be able to dial in a much wider range of offset voltages to accommodate for the lower offset voltage found on the 8 channel 6206 chip sound cards. (It works for both the CM106L and the CM6206 and many others.) Plus it has (4) 5.1 volt Zener diodes to limit the color channels from ever going over +5V.

James.
    Last edited by james; 12-12-2014 at 10:10.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Hi Kecked or anyone else interested,

Just send me an email and we'll get you fixed up. The big picture is that to play nearly any Pangolin show (QS shows, BEYOND shows, LD2000 shows) you'd need Pangolin BEYOND (lowest version) and an FB3 and then that would be that. Not much to it really...

Bill

that little pangolin player box looks a lot like a Shuttle computer I have, I have another similar yet even smaller computer that has a hinged flip open lid on it and I think it has a 486

I clicked into this thread due to the fact that it has the word ADAT in its title and I have just received two ADATS and some media and other toys... I have been looking up stuff on ADATs now for two days and this is not the first time I had seen some mention of an 'ADAT ILDA standard'

What is this all about? James would need to join ILDA to 'get in on this'?

James is not using the same channel ordering that the 8 channel ADATs are setup to do? I do not know the laserboy 8 channel sequence off the top of my head so I ask.

X, Y, R, G, B, aux, L-audio, R-audio

Once it's on a hard drive it doesn't really matter what the order is.

It's 8 channel, 16 bit, 48KHz wave.

I don't think you need to be a member of ILDA to follow common sense.

James,
    Last edited by james; 12-26-2014 at 06:20.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Yes, there is a defacto ILDA standard for ADAT modification. It uses the differential outputs on the XT. There is also a ILDA standard for the track assignments. Since James has refused to join, he does not have access to it.
    ISP standard covers the ADAT. Holding a copy in my hands.

This bit has got me curious.. earier today I was wondering where my 1/4" phone plug-male collection I have is and also the location of my D25 connectors.. I think I should know what the plans in progress are before I break out my soldering iron.
    In the beginning of time I had bought a tascam238 8chan cassette, around 10 F/V converters and another 10 V/F converters.. Only afterwards to learn about an Alesis ADAT people were using.. 20+ years later there are some rules being applied to ADAT? this has gotta be a joke.

EDIT: and it looks like james is using the proper order, so..