Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: The LaserBoy Thread

https://laserboy.org/code/LB_07_02_2021.zip

In this version the only change is the addition of two new operators in LaserBoy Liquid Math.

clip and _clip

These allow you to define a 3D rectangular solid region of space and eliminate all vectors outside of that region.

The single version clip uses the same region for all frames in a frame_set.

The animated version _clip uses a region that can move, change size and proportion through the frames in a frame_set.

I also did extensive work on the file LaserBoy_Liquid_Math.txt in the doc folder.
    Last edited by james; 07-02-2021 at 11:41.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Update to the update:

https://laserboy.org/code

See last modified:

get LB_07_04_2021.zip

Fixed a couple of things in the code and a lot of stuff in the doc.

http://laserboy.org/LLM.txt

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

The Beatles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beatles.gif 
Views:	7 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	58113
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

For those of you who might want to totally geek out on math:

https://www.3blue1brown.com/

This guy gives it to you fast, in a way that makes sense (at least in the moment) and very chill.

Some of it is about 3D space (and shit).
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    For those of you who might want to totally geek out on math:

https://www.3blue1brown.com/

This guy gives it to you fast, in a way that makes sense (at least in the moment) and very chill.

Some of it is about 3D space (and shit).
    I certainly agree...his methodology for conveying math concepts, principles and actions are extremely good...nuff said.

One good thing about working on documentation is that I have to keep looking at the running application and the code that makes work it to verify that I'm documenting it correctly.

Then I find that the documentation is way too confusing, so I simplify the code and the way it works in the running application.

I have been really busy lately trying to get it all together for another public release and I have found so many ways to make it all better.

It might be a while, but this is all coming together to be something really special.

I have made so many changes that all of my tutorial videos are totally out of whack.

No. There is no new f@*king mouse support!

But there will be much better docs and a lot of new features and easier to read menus.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

I've made so many improvements that I thought it was time to share another development version of the source code.

https://laserboy.org/code/LB_07_28_2021.zip

Still working on the docs!
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Oops!

The version I posted previously does not compile in Clang in MacOS.

This one should be fine.

https://laserboy.org/code/LB_07_31_2021.zip

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

I just put together a limited number of new LaserBoy Correction Amp kits!

The kit is a printed circuit board and all of the parts to make it whole, plus a DB25F ribbon cable (ILDA port).

$40 USD

You must supply the sound device and any kind of box you might want to put it in.

The USB C-Media CM6206 sound chip is 8 channels at 16-bit 48KHz and works well with this Correction Amp. Look for "USB SND8".

The kit comes with a DC/DC converter that is designed to run off of USB +5VDC power.

It is also possible to use an internal 6 or 8 channel sound card. The DC/DC converter can be left off the board and the amp can be powered directly with +12VDC and -12VDC from the computer's power supply.

This will allow you to build a LaserBoy DAC that can play multichannel wave files like those made in LaserBoy and some other laser apps and ADAT shows transcribed to wave files. There is also a live streaming dll for Windows apps that support it.

If you give me your address, I can let you know how much it will cost to ship it to you.

I will also provide whatever tech support you need to make it work.

http://laserboy.org/forum/index.php?topic=561.0

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

By the way... The writing is on the wall.

Windows 11 is coming.

As if Windows 10 isn't a complete disaster.

It's time to learn Linux y'all!

I mean you're only like 30 years late to the party, but that's ok!

It's way stupid simple these days.

Get a nice USB drive of any size 64GB or more.

Copy the Knoppix iso onto it.

Boot from it.

Enjoy!

Learn.

Install Ubuntu or Debian on a real hard drive.

Live happily ever after.
    Last edited by james; 08-03-2021 at 23:22.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials