Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iShow 3?

Default iShow 3?

EDIT: The way some of the members here have desperately tried to identify my location and nationality for whatever reason they believed was needed for by asking an admin to check my profile logs and researching me by the content of my posts has been very creepy and unnecessary. So bye.
    Last edited by dream; 04-28-2016 at 16:29.

I saw an iShow 2.4 awhile back but it might have been a typo and was really an iShow 2.3. If an iShow3 does come out I'll might buy one and see if I can write a driver for it.

It looked like the V3.0 have done a leap forward. At least from what the screenshot shows. A timeline, and probably drag and drop. Still a litte rough.

Hope they will provide FW or drivers for old DAC`s to be used on 64bit OS.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    I've gotten a demo of the program via email request. You can try too. The program doesn't seem too bad, though I was unable to find options for ILDA import and the scanner settings were very few.
    The price of $150 isn't that bad but only if the DAC is good. GLS (RIYA) sells at $150 but true color graphics and ILDA export is disabled in that program (modified Lasershow).
    what do you mean: "true color graphics... is disabled"?

i've seen no color issues with GLS.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Exactly what I said. Only 7 colors (red, green, blue, and their combinations), or "TTL".
    i have no problems with analog color modulation with GLS and my riya dac. perhaps you have an issue with your laser drivers.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I could swear it was locked in software, but checking now it seems to have changed.
    Sorry for the false data.
    no worries!

i think GLS is quite an excellent bargain and would recommend it over ishow any day of the week.

Oh, i remember now. The site said only supports importing type 0 ILDA files. Has that also changed?
    i think that's still the case.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    see if I can write a driver for it.
    ... Hi Gary, since you are talking about drivers thought I would ask if Spaghetti supports the etherdream DAC? I've run Spaghetti with both soundcards and RIYA Lite, and I'm trying to retire the soundcard. Sure would be nice if it did I really like Spaghetti and would like to keep in the 'two projector' bag of tricks...

Thanks,
    -Jason

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Spaghetti supports EzAudDac and the Etherdream can work with the EzAudDac driver (in theory anyway), if it isn't supported directly.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    ... Hi Gary, since you are talking about drivers thought I would ask if Spaghetti supports the etherdream DAC? I've run Spaghetti with both soundcards and RIYA Lite, and I'm trying to retire the soundcard. Sure would be nice if it did I really like Spaghetti and would like to keep in the 'two projector' bag of tricks...

Thanks,
    -Jason
    I attempted to get Etherdream working in the version I am currently working on and will be releasing very soon. But, there is something funky about the Etherdream driver that doesn't work with Spaghetti. Even when using it as an MLD file or with its EasyLase API it doesn't work. At least that is the report from dkumpula who was helping me test it. Anyway, the driver is in the current beta version in case you want to try it out and possibly help me debug it. I'd love to get it working and just need some help. I tried getting some help from the creator of the Etherdream DAC but he never responded to my emails so I have to kind of figure it out by trial and error.