Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ILDA file viewer

That looks great ....

its so good, i think EVERYONE will want one ( laser show peeps that is )

the amount of times ive just want to scan through my frames

keep up the good work

all the best ... Karl

Added version 1.0.1.0. See first message in thread to download it.

Added thumbnails of all ILDs in the selected directory.

There are a lot of things I don't like about this version. It is klunky and has performance problems. I figured I would release it is since I don't know when I'll have time to fix all the issues. Hopefully soon, though.

I attempted to animate all the thumbnails but they make everything slow. I'll have to revisit that.

Updated to version 1.0.2.0.

Improved performance.
    Added animation and info when hovering mouse over thumbnails.

More to come.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default tools

here are some tools to help with the 3d conversion of your program if you can run dos .exes I'll send you the c code tomarrow and bring in some 3D frames. I only have email at work for sanity reasons. These are tools I asked a friend to write so I could create frames from mathcad, labview etc. for display at the day job (I work for a university) Since they are a little out of date running dos, maybe you could port them to .net for all of us?

LMR hosts them

enjoy, Steve Roberts

http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las...loadIndex.html

Two DOS utilities [as .zip files] for those working on ILDA frame format import/export contributed by O. Steven Roberts. He writes, "These utilities are for for hobbyists and others who are developing tools for ILDA frame format file support [to import/export .ild files] and who need a sanity check as Pangolin and X29 are merciless when it comes to errors in a .ild file. Programming is by Mike Svob".

ILDAWRITE.EXE [ILDAwrite.zip - 32 Kb] Takes a .txt file containing human readable numbers and converts it to an ILDA format frame. The input file format is the number of points(N) ,then the 3 axis data for the frame as a signed integer N,x,y,z,x,y,z,x,y,z... where x,y, and Z are +10,000 to -10,000, for a 2D frame, make all Zs equal to zero.
    It will prompt you for the file name to create and then create the file and exit back to the dos prompt. All points are set to full white and blanking is NOT supported. A sample input file, ildawrt.txt is provided. Note that there is a carriage return and line feed between each number. ILDAWRITE.exe is fully compatible with files written by Qbasic, Quickbasic, Visualbasic and Notepad, making it easy to create raw files for conversion. I've also used this to create liquid sky framesets using numbers generated by a basic program. The programs do not
    support crossing directories, so the files must all be in the same directory.

ILDAREAD.EXE [ReadILD.zip - 36 KB] This utility strips a one frame ilda file to a text based n,x,y,z format, where N is the number of points in the frame and x,y,z are signed integer point data, so the output is N,X,Y,Z,X,Y,Z..... The actual data will appear as a vertical list with one coordinate data per line. Color data and blanking data are NOT provided. Cross directory support is not provided, both the input and output files MUST be in the same directory. if ildaread.exe spots a error in a ILDA file header, it will tell you what the error is.

If you send me the C source I can port it to .NET and make them into class libraries, executables, or add the functionality to the viewer... any/all should be trivial. Just let me know what you'd be interested in seeing.

Welcome to PL Steve, Glad your here
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Holy cow!

6 posts, and I didn't even recognise that "mixedgas" was actually Steve Roberts of alt.lasers fame...

Welcome to the party, Steve! (Sorry for the belated greeting there, buddy!)

Adam

ILDA viewer will not work in vista

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Could it be possible to have an "open with" functionality ?
    So double-clicking an ilda-file would open it automaticly in this viewer?

That would be SO user friendly.

It should work in Vista. In fact, it was developed, compiled, and tested on Vista. What error are you receiving?