Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Entec box questioin

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

HOLY FLUCKING HELL!!!! I hate this shit.
    New computer. Same Enttec box. Same operating system (Windows 7 Pro) and same issue as originally described earlier in this thread. After dicking around with it for an hour, I remembered that Jonathan and I solved it with a phone call where we figured out it was the COM port issue.
    So.... I go into Control Panel and Device Manager and everywhere else on this stinking computer and do you think I can find any reference to the damn COM ports???? Of COURSE not! It's nowhere in device manager - hidden or otherwise.
    I can use the Enttec software as mentioned above and it all works fine. Fire up either Quickshow or BEYOND and neither one can find it because it's not on the "COM PORT" they're looking for.
    GRR..... Cucking Fomputers....
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 10-06-2015 at 14:43.
    PM Sent...

Sigh... from everything I'm finding so far, either this laptop doesn't have COM ports or, there is no way in Windows 7 Pro to get to them and reassign them. I don't see a way to do it in Win 8 either.
    PM Sent...

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Sigh... from everything I'm finding so far, either this laptop doesn't have COM ports or, there is no way in Windows 7 Pro to get to them and reassign them. I don't see a way to do it in Win 8 either.
    Lots of USB devices act as serial devices and when plugged a virtual com port is created. If you are used to the old days when you hook up your modem to COM1 you might be a bit confused.

Virtual COM port driver took care of the problem. I'm up and working. Sadly, another four or five hours of my limited free time shot to heck.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Virtual COM port driver took care of the problem. I'm up and working. Sadly, another four or five hours of my limited free time shot to heck.
    Brad - You got my cell number. Just call me next time. I could have probably got you up and running pretty quick. If you dont have it.. then send me a PM and I will shoot it over to you.

Thanks. I do have it - just checked. So... 6 months from now when I forget we went through this again... (cause I'm gettin' old), maybe I'll be calling you!
    PM Sent...