Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Entec box questioin

I have a problem with the entec sometimes too. I just close beyond and open the entec pro application. Its a webpage app. I find the device in the drop down and wait for it to recognize it. then I close the app and reopen beyond. Go into the dmx/artnet settings and go to the entec tab. Hit connect and then all is good.

Also hit the default button on the bottom of the entec tab page. Just to make sure all 512 addresses are enabled. If you still cant get it to work then PM me.

Johnathon

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

For the entec pro application - is that the one I show in my video above? Like, "Entec Pro Manager" downloadable from their web site here: http://www.enttec.com/?main_menu=Products&pn=79003

or are you referring to something else?

Yea.. that's the app. I leave everything in there at default.

I have my entec out and I am using it to program my beam bars. If you want then I can PM you my number and walk you thru exactly how mine is setup.. and see if that helps ya.

Johnathon

Note that I think I have a different firmware too. I can go back downstairs to my computer and check it out. I will PM you my number.

Also note that you must hit SHOW IT NOW on the quickDMX tab.. And I had to have my FB3 connected also.

QS does have the DMX monitor. It is under the view menu.
    The screen shots I posted are from QS

I am on firmware 1.44.

My Enttec is firmware 1.44 too

Brad -

This might be a bit of a reach, but there might be an issue with your version of the Enttec firmware and the Pangolin apps.
    My DMX USB Pro is also at firmware 1.44, and it works fine with Beyond and QuickShow (as well as Enttec D-Pro), with no delays.
    I've never had to adjust any DMX setting in either Pangolin app other than COM port settings.

Also, just as a troubleshooting step, make sure you're using a USB 2.0 port on your PC, and not a USB 3.0 port

Might be worth contacting Pangolin from the link on the main web page and let them know what is going on.

Randy
    Last edited by Stuka; 01-12-2015 at 15:11.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

EUREKA!!!

drm916 is a genius. Turns out to have been a COM port snafu. Quickshow and Beyond both recognized it and acknowledged it on COM 3 but, it only worked when switched to COM 4.

Now I've got a late night of creating a few cues to add to a particular show for Wednesday nights laser sales demonstration to about 20 weddings I'm going to have here. It's my big "sell laser shows" night so, I really want that 3 minutes or so jaw dropping. It will be anyway but, the addition of some carefully placed moving head cues should really make it impressive. Eventually the lighting desk is coming but, to do the rudimentary stuff right on the timeline of Beyond or Quickshow is going to make life much easier.