Thread: xenon tube from a laser, any idea on it's ratings ?

Default xenon tube from a laser, any idea on it's ratings ?

Hello I got a xenon tube a while ago that is new old stock for a laser but i have no idea on it's wattage? the 70mm smaller tube is rated for 100 watt seconds. I have the trigger coil for the lamp but i don't know the power, the distance between the electrodes is about 128mm. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01678.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	3.24 MB 
ID:	46081
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'd Assume the fill pressure is 470 Torr and calculate the voltage based on the equation at Sams Laser FAQ
    You'll need to guestimate the inside diameter and the length between electrodes etc.

Or send the dimensions to Excelitas Tech Support

Or see what is close in here:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...83829542,d.aWw

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

That is some awesome reading, thank you very much!
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

That document has helped me many times in the past. Keep in mind if this is in fact a flash lamp that it must be air cooled because of the presence of the trigger wires. The pulse energy vs the average power handling will depend strongly on the circuit. The faster the energy is pulsed the lower the safe operating energy/pulse. The document gives the equations for this relationship.

Yeah, I don't have the equipment for a fast pulse rate. my original plan is to build it into a slave unit for out door photography, to illuminate a huge area