Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Sneak Peek - Introducing Maxwell - A software laser synth (analogish)

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    Sal (speaking to himself while rocking back and forth): "Do not de-rail thread, do not de-rail thread..."

(Sal continues to mutter seemingly unintelligible things to himself)

poke.. poke.. poke... poke.. (leans in close and whispers: "amiga")
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

whats the ETA on the windows version ?

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    whats the ETA on the windows version ?
    Windows? You must be mistaken, I think you want to know when the Amiga version is going to be ready. Soon hopefully, I can hardly get on without it.

-Sal

i do have 2 A500's with 030's 1 A2000 and 1 A3000 in a closet some where

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    i do have 2 A500's with 030's 1 A2000 and 1 A3000 in a closet some where
    i just packed my last A3000 for the move.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Looking past the fanboyism from OS religious zealots, a good business practice is always to make your software available to as many platforms as possible. The two most popular are Windows and IOS. It would make sense to port to both. Just a thought.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Looking past the fanboyism from OS religious zealots, a good business practice is always to make your software available to as many platforms as possible. The two most popular are Windows and IOS. It would make sense to port to both. Just a thought.
    The Windows version is coming in the next couple of days... The port is already done - just finishing up a few loose ends on Windows.

As far as iOS - I think the best use for multi-touch devices is to use them as a MIDI controller - and there are already several awesome apps for that purpose - Touch OSC & Lemur. Creating a Touch OSC template is on my todo list - but so far that todo list is much larger than I have time to complete

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    The Windows version is coming in the next couple of days... The port is already done - just finishing up a few loose ends on Windows.

As far as iOS - I think the best use for multi-touch devices is to use them as a MIDI controller - and there are already several awesome apps for that purpose - Touch OSC & Lemur. Creating a Touch OSC template is on my todo list - but so far that todo list is much larger than I have time to complete
    Awesome! This software is fantastic looking, BTW! I like the video you did.

You obviously have your hands full but if you wanted to expand your user base even further, there is an SDK available from Pangolin (you might need to contact Bill for it) if you ever decide to try and make this work with the QM hardware (not sure about the FB3/FB4). I am sure there are a handful of Pangolin users (me included) that would like to add this software to our arsenal without buying additional hardware. Than again, Etherdream DACs are not that pricey. Either way, awesome work!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Awesome! This software is fantastic looking, BTW! I like the video you did.

You obviously have your hands full but if you wanted to expand your user base even further, there is an SDK available from Pangolin (you might need to contact Bill for it) if you ever decide to try and make this work with the QM hardware (not sure about the FB3/FB4). I am sure there are a handful of Pangolin users (me included) that would like to add this software to our arsenal without buying additional hardware. Than again, Etherdream DACs are not that pricey. Either way, awesome work!
    I am interested in supporting as many DACs as possible - as well as expanding the user-base as much as possible - my hope for the latter is with the included feature which allows the user to "pop-out" the OpenGL preview window to an external window - and expand it to full-screen - which will allow VJ users that don't have lasers but have video projectors to have a "pretend" laser show

One of things I am trying to accomplish with this application is to keep it cross-platform - that is a tall task for sure... Bill has expressed interest in providing a Pangolin Library (API) - and even seemed to like the idea of a Mac laser app - though he seemed to not have any Mac resources available to port the Pangolin DAC library to OS X. He responded earlier in this thread and I spoke with him personally at SELEM.
    Last edited by BlueFang; 05-29-2016 at 20:01.

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    I had a go at this for about an hour last night and I would like to say that this is an amazing piece of software! AND ITS ONLY $30!!!

I was making beautiful abstracts in 15 minutes or less. Swami watch out

If you own an Ether-dream, this is a must have.

-Sal
    Thanks for all your feedback Sal... the todo list for the next update is already growing!

As for the price - honestly, this one is really difficult to figure out - but I wanted to create an App that was more or less a must-have in everyone's toolbox - and hopefully can get the word out once the full-release is out to the larger VDJ audience (those using video projectors) - and they will help subsidize the much smaller laser projector audience.

Also, a neat feature of itch.io is that the price is the "minimum suggested price". There are options to pay a little extra if you are excited and want to help support further development