Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SwissLas company review

just so people know laserworld have purchased many companies, including swisslas, RIT, HB and others.

so they are not made by laserworld so the quality is not laserworld quality.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Yeah but it's interesting to note Andy that the model he mentions isn't listed as a Swisslass product - they don't list any pro models only pure micro, saphire and purelight: http://www.swisslas-laser.com/pure-micro-series

But the exact model he has, is a LW product: https://www.laserworld.us/shop/laserworld-pro-1300rgb

Presumably therefore it's either a LW product or a re-badged LW product.

not saying that, just making the point laserworld own a number of companies these days who make some of the worlds best projectors
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Presses like.

not saying that, just making the point laserworld own a number of companies these days who make some of the worlds best projectors
    ...and that they seem to like putting some of those 'premium' brands labels on some of the products that aren't quite so 'premium' in terms of build or quality, or indeed built by those specific brands as we would know them.

In the same way that Turbosound isn't quite the brand it once was at the consumer level, since being bought out by Music Group (i.e. Behringer). The top end products are still top end, but the bottom end is a rebadging game.

Understanding this practise is key to getting the product you'd like to think you're getting.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    In the same way that Turbosound isn't quite the brand it once was at the consumer level, since being bought out by Music Group (i.e. Behringer). The top end products are still top end, but the bottom end is a rebadging game.

Understanding this practise is key to getting the product you'd like to think you're getting.
    Interesting... I was recently looking at some new Turbosound speakers and was rather surprised at how reasonable the pricing was. That obviously explains it. Makes me now wonder whether it's crap or halfway decent or not. Like this for example:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iQ15
    PM Sent...

Its crap. Maplin are selling it over here. In terms of disco kit, they are pretty well known for the lowest of the low.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Berry basher, I really like some of the products they've released, even after they've bought out other companies (I used to own a lot of their compressors, EQ, system controllers, EP series amps, etc) and liked certain stuff a lot, but they're really just riding on the coat tails of the name, and lets face it, the last really good system that Turbo were known for was the Floodlight rig, which was really just first gen Funktion One anyway.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    ...and that they seem to like putting some of those 'premium' brands labels on some of the products that aren't quite so 'premium' in terms of build or quality, or indeed built by those specific brands as we would know them.

Hi Norty,

Lee from Laserworld here.

Swisslas products are all made in Swisslas, RTI in RTI, HB-Laser in HB-Laser and Tarm in Tarm. The professional lasers between these companies might have a component from each other but never from the retail side we keep this completely separate.

Although the Laserworld of old has this hate following. The staff that are here now really are transparent and really care about our products and the company (because its quite a witch hunt its hard to find staff happy to comment on forums). The problem is that a lot of the bad reputation was from the company when it was relatively young and only really dealing in retail level lasers where its all a game of marketing and even now you see from companies "new 200mw text Laser ULTRA HIGH POWER!!!" and I even get customers saying yes I know yours is cheaper and has better reviews but theirs is an "ultra high power"........ many a face palm moment is had.

You will notice that these days we list the laser with a guaranteed output and if the laser does not meet this its upto the customer to contact us and we will replace it no qualms the guarantee is a legal thing. As far as the heavy blue balance and such, as I'm sure everyone knows there is alot of competition out there so we have to create a laser at a certain price with a certain spec and not all customers care about white balance but if they do there are options. If someone calls for advice or help choosing a laser I always try my best to get them what they want within their budget but sometimes you get "I just need 10w for a rider but have "x" budget " trust me I would love to only sell IP68 perfect balanced, high power, high scan speed and super lightweight but the budgets not always there hence we have a ridiculous array of products from cheap star clusters to 100w+ OPSL projectors. Not everyone has the same budget or desired effect but we do 100% care about what we manufacture and sell and i spend just as much time helping someone decide on a circa £300 unit as I do a £300,000 unit because it is of no benefit to me or Laserworld for someone to have a bad opinion of us. We have grown up alot over the years so give us a chance.

If your still reading by now cheers for reading my big boring post.

Lee Macfarlane

Hi Lee
    and a good post ... great to see that LW have seen the light ( pun intended )
    i was around here when they were high on the Hype and low on the Pro ... i think at the time the animosity from this forum was due to the level of bullshit that they were spinning to very intelligent people here
    But as you say they certainly have become a main player in the professional market
    Hopefully your guys at LW can put it all behind them ... and with presence and support from a representative like yourself from laser-world, im sure you will be made very welcome here
    thankyou for being open and honest and I look forward to your participation on the forum

all the best

Karl