Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brightlight stops selling modules commercially.

Default Brightlight stops selling modules commercially.

Hello guys

Over the years many people bought modules, parts etc to give us support but like all things in life, all good things have to comes to an end. Somewhere in the beginning of 2014 our orders have declined slowly we have decided to stop selling modules commercially.

The low end market (except for a few) doesn,t build projectors anymore since they can buy a china box of the shelf so my orders have declined to a level that its doesn,t make sence to stay home for it. Second, if i have to build a module for someone it has to be almost at the price level of what china offers even though my overal costs (building time, material costs, wage) are 10x higher then china.

So the next 4 months i,m going back to my original profession wich is being an industrial electricien. That means i will no longer be able to build modules commercially and i,m not going to take any orders starting from now.

That doesn,t mean that we will stop doing lasers completely. Laserpower and brightlight will continue to work together to get our own systems up and running. There is much going on behind the scene but we will show that later in time.

Thank you for all the support guys!!!!

Johan.
    Last edited by edison; 02-05-2015 at 01:52.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Sorry to hear that Johan. But I understand. That's why I stopped my company last year.
    Trying to create a good diode mount....

You have a bespoke product, that you were trying to aim at a low end market.
    If you'd have aimed at a higher end market, exceptional quality, low volume, high margin then you may have done better.

We don't hear the other high end manufacturers moaning about not being able to compete here on the forum. You were never going to be able to compete with China in the low end kit department, which is wholely governed by cost.

But commiserations nonetheless, and well done for giving it a go.

BTW, how is this announcement forum admin related?

P.S. does this mean you can contribute to the forum without sounding butt-hurt all the time now?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

so from now on you wont post buy my stuff, buy my stuff all over the forum?

every cloud...
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I offered a good quallity for a reasonable price but there is no longer enough interest to stay home for it. The low-end market doesn,t need low mrd modules since they wave beams from left to right and that can be done with a china box or combine a couple of multimodes. The number of people that build their own systems declined over the years so there is less demand. Why building when you can buy a beamwave box from china for 1/5th of the price.

I adchieved the nessesary goal and the last bits and pieces can be financed with my normal job. Its easier to have a daily job then build modules for cheaper then what china can do and finance the last things that i need. I,m where i need to be at this point in time.

Tme to move on.......

Very sad new Johan.... I'm really sorry to hear this...
    Unfortunately your "problem" is a common problem for all small and good laser Companies...
    Sadly you said right: China market kills !
    People goes for cheaper and lower quality, instead of durable, hi-quality, reliable and coscientious-made products... This is the way of the world...
    It is a dark time for a lot of people...

Best wishes for your future, sincerely.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Milani; 02-05-2015 at 05:49. Reason: typo
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

People goes for cheaper and lower quality, instead of durable, hi-quality, reliable and coscientious-made products... This is the way of the world...
    If this were true there wouldn't be the Kvant, RGB Laser Systems, Swisslas, etc companies still in business.

Where was Brightlight advertising? If it was business purely through this forum then the target market was wrong (imho)
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I know you're not totally "done" and, are presently redirecting your efforts but, I don't see someone with the ambition and often good designs staying away long. The quad was a bit legendary, as were some of your cases. I agree maybe a shift to who you were marketing to may be considered. I think you said you were moving toward the pro end anyway with the projector rentals.

We still need to resolve the red quad issue I sent you back at some point but, as time points out, there hasn't been a rush. And no... I STILL haven't gotten my stuff back from CT Lasers.

I have still interest in lasers but my ambition was not selling modules commercially. I sold quad kits and later modules just to adchieve the goal that i had in mind. Even if i had the ambition to offer modules to companies that are in the high end market they still want an 0.8mrd for less then the price of a Kvant and i need to have 10 pieces on the shelf or a delivery time of 3 weeks. An average person is seeing a nice module but i have to build it.

I dedicated 70 hours a week for 3 years in a row to designing, building and selling modules. I worked every day from 10 in the morning till 2.00 (sometimes 3.00) at night to move forward. The modules that i sold payed the metalbills and desigining time. Now that the building market has dryed up i,m going back to a normal job where i get the profit for 40 hours. But i don,t have to design anymore since that is done. That was the most time consuming part.

I,m not going back to try selling modules in the low end market, there is no demand and china can do things cheaper.

For those who supported me trough the years a big thanks and for those who did not good luck with china.

Sad. But that china-mania will end one day I'm pretty sure, the day where the majority of us will loose their jobs because so much other peoples buyed from china instead of locally, that nobody could make a living any more here so even chivo-things will be too expensive. And it will be too late. I'm not sure to rejoice me about the future...