Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM is on for April 3rd and 4th, 2015!

Thumbs up FLEM is on for April 3rd and 4th, 2015!

Hey everyone;

I finally got confirmation from the boat club: we are locked in for Friday, April 3rd (starting at noon) through Saturday, April 4th, for the next Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting.

As per the norm, we will do the load-in and setup on Friday afternoon, with the event itself starting on Saturday. For those who can make it on Friday, after the load-in and setup is complete we normally go out to eat as a group, and then come back to the venue for more laser fun into the evening.

But Saturday is the main event; we'll start around 9 AM and run until we get too tired to stay any longer (usually between midnight and 2 AM). It would be nice if a few folks would be willing to come back early Sunday morning to help me clean up and take the trash out though...

As always, the venue will be the Triangle Boat Club meeting room in Tavares, Florida. The boat club meeting room is off of highway 441 in Tavares, just before you cross over the Dead River bridge between Tavares and Leesburg. (It's on the right if you're headed west on 441.)
    This time we will once again have something new and special to play with, thanks to the combined efforts of Ed Keefe and DZ. (Details on this new project to be posted soon.)

I'll bring the sound system, the foggers, and a couple hazers. I'll also bring four of the 3 watt Pluto projectors (two direct-diode units, two with dpss green) and my blue beam-rail. Will probably bring a few remote control Heli's / quads as well. (Guess I'll be bringing the trailer again!)

If you can make it to FLEM, please reply below and let us know what you plan to bring!

Adam

Hello,

I will be there!

I can bring my small lighting truss again if needed and will be available Friday through Sunday.

New device is almost ready. A few people saw the prototype at SELEM. I have added a bunch of new stuff to it. Details will be announced soon.

ED

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I'm checking into flights already. A tiny part of me is thinking about driving so I could bring some gear. I need to weigh out the difference of the rental car/flights vs. gas, time and sanity.

I'll be there! Along with the new EK-DZ device I hope to have a little something I call the Z-5c.

I hope you do too!

Flights are stupid expensive. FLEM amounts to a +$1,000 day and a half jaunt when you factor everything in so, I'm giving even more serious consideration to driving. (I could buy another projector for that! )

Smile

Hey guys;

The rental contract is signed and I just mailed it out this morning along with the check. So we're golden.

Can't wait to see the new ILDA router and the color module for the Z-5! This will be awesome!

Brad, see if you and Mark can come down together. That might make the drive less painful, plus you guys could split a hotel room at the Holiday Inn Express, which might help keep costs down. Fortunately, gas prices are still pretty low down here (just under 2 bucks a gallon). Plus it would be great to see Mark on the Z5 again! Also, if you want to bring gear, you might be able to fit it in your own car vs renting a u-haul, assuming you just bring the 12 watt RGB.

Remember though: the venue is small. We don't have tons of space, so I can't see a need for the big global truss or lots and lots of extra projectors. (Then too, if other people plan to bring lots more gear, I might actually leave some of my Pluto's at home.) But yeah, if you bring anything, I'm sure folks would love to see the new 12 watt unit.

Ed: Thanks for the idea of the lighting truss. I think I might bring some non-coherent lights to hang on that this time, if I have the space.

Wonder if Chris (Lazerjock) will be able to fly his plane to Tavares again? That would be a lot of fun!

Adam

It would definitely be my car. No sense renting a U-Haul since the inside of a U-Haul is bigger than the Boat Club to begin with. Lol

Who woulda thunk it's actually 20miles farther to Tavares than Newton from my house... Guess I'll be seeing everyone again at SELEM. Have a fun FLEM!

Will be there !

Hopefully with stuff to show and sell !

Quote Originally Posted by Lumia View Post
    Hopefully with stuff to show and sell !
    Another reason to drive!