Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colormod circuit board

Hi Mark,

Not at all, I'm still cleaning up the component ID's on the board, I should be done either tonight or tomorrow night and will send out PM to all who signed up. So with 6 signed up we're looking at $51 a board. One more board would drop it to $45 each.

Fantastic... I'm so excited about this project.. Trying to think of anyone else that would benefit from this. Mike Dunn comes to mind but, I'm not sure if he uses analog anymore since he has DigiSynth..

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

As this is a DZ product, I have this strange "feeling" that I should be investing a little money here to squirrel a board or two away. Let's go with the one (I'm hoping) you're going to put into my Z-5 and two extra boards to hide somewhere and gather investment dividends. Someone else WILL eventually want one of these. So that should put you at 8.

Lol... That's probably a great investment..

"DZ Creations" Only things in this game that seem to increase in value!

Ha! Thanks guys, I really appreciate it! I'm just having fun building this stuff!

Ok, so at 8, we are down to $41 per board. I'm going to have to say last call on this. I've just finished cleaning up the board and I think it's ready to go. I'll submit the order Thursday night and send out some PM's.

Thanks guys!!!

By the way, here's the results of some playing last night

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	46336

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	46335

For what it's worth, these were created with one oscillator in square wave at near max speed and the chopper running a sine wave.

They look amazing... Lol.. I'm soooo hooked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    "DZ Creations" Only things in this game that seem to increase in value!
    Yes, in part because DZ underpriced them in the first place. Get 'em while you can!

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

This may not look like much but I'm pretty proud of the fact that I was able to get the sync side the circuitry to work and this pic is a great representation of that. What's happening here is that OSC1 is set to output the color red and locked onto the quadrature oscillator from the Z-5 and drawing red for 1/2 of the circle. OSC2 is set to output green and is locked onto OSC1. OSC3 is set to output blue and is locked onto OSC2.

Name:	DSC00064.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	46441

It just looks neat and I thought I'd share. Still waiting on the circuit boards. Unless I run into some major problem the completed unit will be at FLEM for folks to play with!

I posted this to FB, but for folks here that aren't on FB, here's an abstract I created the other day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23G5...h40tNc2PXi3mYw

Looking forward to it! Thanks to your link... I "fell down the rabbit hole" on YouTube last night and discovered all your videos explaining the various sub sections of the Z-5 and what they do. That was really helpful to begin to grasp a better idea of the flow of things and what each individual knob and switch is supposed to control. I'm anxious to watch them again a few times in front of the console and hooked up to a laser. I think once my head is wrapped around "what" each knob and fader is supposed to do, it will be easier to use. For example.... when you're explaining it in the video... you're able to say, "And by turning this knob to the right it adds more...." "moving this slider down causes it to do...." and then you see it on the laser output. I'm looking to at least get to that level when I can explain the board to someone... including myself!